PPT mouthpieces

Hi everyone from a newbie

Altolady

Hi everyone, this is my first post. Need a bit of nerve calming from anyone that can, as I've got my level 3 exam on Tuesday. Am really really nervous and am now wondering why on earth I'm putting myself through this. I'm a late learner and find sight reading very hard, if only they'd give me an hour to go through it.......!;} it's my first and probably last exam.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Welcome to the cafe Altolady, I can't give you any advice on taking exams, I'm another of the musically illiterate players in the cafe. I can however give you some tried and tested advice on nerves, PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER, sorry just kidding, try imagining your examiner naked, that should do the trick. Good luck and sock it to 'em. ;}

Welcome to the CaffSax.

Do not take Taz's advice too seriously, as if you imagine the examiner naked with my bronzed and oiled "David' body, with rippling muscles, you will either swoon clean away or try to take advantage of me.:D

If you coped with Grade Three flute, your Paul Desmond impression will blow the invigilator away.

Go for it girl.

Welcome from one alto lady to another - enjoy our time here and good luck with the exam.

Firstly welcome, i took my grade three last year so know how you feel. You have to think that if you have practiced enough, scales, arpeggios, sight reading, singing and your tunes you should breeze through it. It only lasts about 12 minutes and goes so quickly.
It is good to have some pressure as it makes you sharper. Also don't forget that the examiner wants you to do well so chill out. Also it is not life or death. Don't forget that you are marked on everything so if you are weak in one you may be better in another. Good luck, let us know how you got on. Phil :w00t:

Welcome Altolady. You should worry. At 60 I am diving straight into Grade 5 theory in March - there's always someone worse off than yourself!
Seriously, relax and remember no-one wants you to fail. Try the visioning technique: Imagine how you will feel coming out of the exam having played the best you can and how you will feel when you get the pass slip.
Colin

hi

Hi
Welcome to the forum. There are great people here with really good advice fo rus newcomers. I was due to take my grade 5 tenor exam this morning but since last Thursday evening I have been in Queens Hospital, Romford with a suspected stroke (had a stroke 2 years ago) Since my last one I was determoined to learn a new instrument and learning the sax took me until 5 months to take up having played piano and flute for the last 36 years (Im only 46!) Anyway, if not stroke a rare sort of migraine that mimics a stroke.
Anyway, leswsof me as I type from my hospital bed and good luck just smile your way through the exam and try to enjoy the fruits of your practice time.
All the best
Ben

Thanks everyone and sorry Artylady for choosing a similar name, wonder if I can change it?

Don't worry - they'll all have to pay more attention! :D

Hi
Welcome to the forum. There are great people here with really good advice fo rus newcomers. I was due to take my grade 5 tenor exam this morning but since last Thursday evening I have been in Queens Hospital, Romford with a suspected stroke (had a stroke 2 years ago) Since my last one I was determoined to learn a new instrument and learning the sax took me until 5 months to take up having played piano and flute for the last 36 years (Im only 46!) Anyway, if not stroke a rare sort of migraine that mimics a stroke.
Anyway, leswsof me as I type from my hospital bed and good luck just smile your way through the exam and try to enjoy the fruits of your practice time.
All the best
Ben

Sorry to hear this having been in there myself some years ago with the same (in the old hospital though) get well soon :)

Hi Altolady. Could do with some of that sun you've got up there down here in the south:D
Maybe, when you grow up, you can change your name to 'Tenorlady'?;}

very good! :)))

Back
Top Bottom