All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Hi everybody

d.reay

Hi - I'm new to this site and forum, I found this site as my father was a keen saxophonist, but he sadly passed away earlier this year, and I am trying to find some advice on selling his saxophone.

I'm based in Salisbury, and am an archaeologist, and play flute, penny whistle, and didgeridoo, so am musical myself, but just in different genres to the jazz and blues that my father loved. He was and artist by trade, and a very gregarious creative type in all senses.

I am keen for his instrument to go to a musician that will treasure it and put it to good use, and love it as much as he did - and like the charitable aspect of the yard sale also.

Taz

Busking Oracle
Welcome to the cafe, although I'm sorry for your circumstances that led you to find us. I'm sure that, if you don't decide to keep it yourself, if you sell it through the yard sale, then it will definitely go to a loving home!
Best wishes,
Taz

d.reay

Thanks loads for that - is appreciated! Hope it finds a good home, as it is a lovely instrument, and it is just sitting idle at my mother's house getting in her way! Have put it up in the yard sale. Don't suppose anyone can recommend a good courier or shipping company at all, that handles parcels delicately?

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Welcome. Hope the sale goes through well, difficult circumstances. I'm sure the guys here will cherish it if they buy it!

old git

Tremendous Bore
Sad times but although I hesitate to claim to play the flute and the tenor, do not find any clashes.

Give dad's sax a blow as I've seen them used in Morris, Folk and other bands not just blues, rock and jazz. Every time you played it, the good memories would be revived.

d.reay

It sounds dreadful when I try to play the sax! Would rather remember the instrument as he played it! Also we need the money, so wouldn't really have the opportunity to teach myself anything meaningful on it. Cheers Trimmy for the advice on the couriers, should be useful!

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom