All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Hi everybody!

New Member Introduction
This is an introduction (not an ad or question about saxophone)

MikeMorrell

Netherlands
Welcome G, I've been playing tenor sax for more than 20 years and I often still feel like a beginner. As in all things, the more you learn, the more you realize how more there is to learn.

But I truly believe that it's important to 'enjoy the journey' and to celebrate any progress you make.

We all started out with zero knowledge and zero experience playing sax.

Personally, I've learned a whole lot from being a member here.

Mike

saxyjt

Saxus Circus Maximus
Café Supporter
Welcome to the Café !

As mike said, this is a great community and we learn a lot on almost all subjects here... But mostly sax related.

Enjoy the journey. It's a lifetime project at any age.

Dave Dunn

G'day from S.A., where for the first time, Covid has impacted on my lifestyle, holiday cancelled!
I hope it hasn't affected you too much, there's always the upside of having more time for music, so it's not all bad!
Welcome to the forum, you'll enjoy it. :)

GRoss

Thanks everybody for a very warm welcome! :)

@Dave Dunn - that's one of the reasons I finally started playing! All the extra time I saved on the commute over the last 16 months here in Victoria, finally gave me time to start playing! Definite downsides, but this is one solid upside!

Learning how to play the saxophone has been one of the biggest challenges of my life so far, outside of work/study/etc. Whoever said it's an easy instrument to learn.. lied! Or I'm just slow at learning :D

saxyjt

Saxus Circus Maximus
Café Supporter
They lied, it's the most frustrating thing at times :)

Jx

So we're all masochists, right?

No pain, no gain. Of course it's demanding. But there are rewards. It's a bit like playing golf. Golf is a good walk spoiled. Why are we (not all, but most of us) butchering beautiful pieces of music?

But golf is like sex, you don't need to be good at it to enjoy it.

Transpose as you wish.

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Café Supporter
"Easy" is a relative term... I don't think learning any instrument to a high standard is easy. However, within the canon of instruments, sax is easier (for most people) than a string instrument such as cello, or bassoon, French horn etc (the latter two are generally regarded as 'challenging')

Members online

No members online now.

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom