support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hi Everybody, from this pensionista in Spain

johnboy

Hi guys and gals, this is Johnboy checking in. Right I'll try not to be too boring, cos I'm awfully good at that!.
!953, living in Portsmouth, 11 years old started playing alto (a Gordon Beeson, Selmer B.A.). Had music lessons for 5 years.
1957 - 1963 was seduced by rock'n roll. Played tenor in a rock band, working for a guy from Southampton called Reg Calvert, who ran shows along the south coast from Bournmouth to Brighton (check him out on Wikipedia).
1964 - 1965, Worked for Giorgio Gomelski (his secretary was Julie Driscoll), playing in "The J. Crow Combo" subsequently "The Crow" at Londons "Flamingo", "Marquee", "Crawdady" etc. Left when evryone started using the "Hard" stuff, not my sceen!
2000, met a lovely lady - Carole, who is now my wife. In 2005, moved to near Alicante, Spain.
2007, bought a Hanson ST6 tenor and joined in with some great bands. The music sceen is realy vibrant here (starts at midnight and goes on tll 3am).
August 2010, return to England for a holiday (I have a Hunter Horizon 26' sailing cruiser, kept in Portsmouth harbour) sailing the Solent and Dorset coast.
I have just ordered a PPT8* mouthpiece from "you know who". He tells me it will probably be dispatched this week, thanks Pete!!
All I need now are some 21/2 Fibracells, a Rovner ligature, Haynes manual and plane tickets home.
You've heard of people who can talk the hind leg off a donkey, well as you can see, I have no trouble with all four legs. I hope you stayed awake!
John Crow.

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Subscriber
Hi John
Welcome to God's waiting room. Nice sax you've got there. Don't worry about being boring, we've got some on here that are professionals at it. You might get a few tips.
Andrew

Young Col

Welcome John
The Spanish ex-pat contingent on here inclues Rogerb and Losaavedra (of whom we have heard little lately).
Don't want to get you started as by your own admission......, so rhetorical, what were you doing between 1965 and 2000?!
Was that the same Reg Calvert who was shot by Major Smedley in Wendens Ambo in a fight over the pirate station Radio City?
YC

Andante cantabile

I wouldn't worry too much about being boring. Without being too modest, I could make a handsome contribution to a textbook on the subject. You will find that, as long as you contribute to the site, there is always at least one person (well, nearly all of the time) who feels motivated to comment. With this, a hearty welcome to the cafe.

Sunray

Hey Hey johnboy ...

Good to meet you mate ... *Big Wave*

I guess by now you will have realized that you have joined these forums where a bunch of enthusiastic [mainly] "ole relics" who are masters in the art of boring even the most boring people around ... Yawn!

I was gonna say loads more - but I am so bored with thinking what I could say - and I am sure you will be seriously bored and can't be bovvered to read my drivel anyway ...

So I will sign off with a Big Welcome Mate ...

Cheers ...

PS - I hope all you younger and more interesting whipper-snappers aren't offended by my post - It is never my intention to offend people - just bore them to death ... Lmao ;}

OP
J

johnboy

Hi Sunray,
Yep, good to meet you & all other members.
Well my first mistake has been to reply to the other members privately. Sorry!
I intended to answer Young Cols' questions, - (!) Yes it was the same Reg Calvert & (2) I got married and spent all that time painting & decorating, and eventually escaped on the one day when she wasn't watching!
Also, kevgermany; you wouldn't want this sun, it's over 30C. in the shade and very, very, humid!
I'll try & get it right next time,
Johnboy.

Taz

Busking Oracle
Hi John and welcome to the cafe, sorry I've not had my coffee yet!
It sounds like you've got enough experience with bands and some great "shaggy dog" stories to keep us whipper snappers enthralled for hou..Zzzzzzz Zzzzzzz Zzzzzz

OP
J

johnboy

Hi Taz

Hi Taz,
you'd better believe it. the problem is they wouldn't let me print them hear. Incidentaly after escaping from you know who, I wound up spending my weekends in Rugby (Viva the Dill Rhuba) with my childhood sweetheart (Oh how sweet) who lived on the Dunchurch Rd. near the church.
Sorry can't fall asleep now, off out for a curry!

johnboy

Last edited by a moderator:

thehunt

Hi John, i'm an ex ex pat having done my time in Spain, now back in Blighty, welcome. You seem to play so much don't know how you hav the time to talk the hind leg off a burro!!

OP
J

johnboy

Hi thehunt,
Nice to hear from you (glad to see you mastered the lingo while here), I now know Spanish for donkey (that's two words I've learnt. The other one's "Pinta"). Sorry to have missed you!
Things are difficult here ( El Campello). The local councill refuses to give live music liscences to the English bars. As you know, the Spanish bars do O.K, that's why I play with Spanish bands.
I'm "sitting in" with "T4", an English band, this Saturday (untill the Guardia turn up), "Viva Espania".

johnboy.

Top Bottom