support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hi All!

Lorraine

Locality
Brighton, England
Hi

I'm a newbie - and just saying hi and hope to get some useful tips on playing my new - well second hand sax (if my can persuade my other half to let me have it before Christmas that is!)

Cheers
Lorraine :)

Hey Hey Lorraine ...

You've certainly come to the right place ...

Hints, Tips, Suggestions, Recommendations, Opinions, Reviews and "much much more" ... :thumb:

It's all here ...

And if you enjoy the company of fun loving people ...

Pull up a chair ... ;}

Welcome to the Cafe ...

PS - I am sure you know how to get round your other half ... :)

Welcome to the cafe Lorraine :)

Enjoy your journey

and some sound should come out of it too..

Hi Lorraine, welcome to the cafe. I hope you enjoy your sax jouney.

Lots of info available here - sometimes it's useful even!!

Re: Hi All! - (from sunny Brighton)

Thanks for the welcomes

PS - I am sure you know how to get round your other half ... :)

Well apparently not! - he's hidden it! Gonna have to satisfy myself with learning to read music and beating out the time by hand.....its a start I suppose....

If there is anyone in Brighton who wants to get together for a natter or exchange tunes -(won't be able to jam yet!) in the new year LMK.

Cheers
Lx

Last edited by a moderator:
Big welcome from me too. Have fun. Time to get to work on your other half, it's a long wait until Xmas.... >:)

Hellooooooo and welcome from cold and frosty Scotland!

Cheers,

Amanda

Hi Lorraine, welcome to the Cafe :)

Hi Lorraine, welcome.

If you will smile then whistle 50 times and do it 3 or 4 times a day people will think you are crazy and you will build up your embouchure muscles to play the sax.

Hi Lorraine!

A Big Welcome to the Cafe from the Skabertawe Lites down by yer in Wales, mind. So, would I be right in assuming that it is an Alto Sax? If you are looking for a really good tutor book (+CD) then I would recommend the "Creative Saxophone" by Kellie Santin & Cheryl Clark (OUP) as one of the best available. Also, I would always recommend a tutor which you could find on www.musicteachers.co.uk using the search facility. Alternatively Jules may be along at some point and should know the local scene quite well.

Have a Cool Yule!:thumb::thumb::thumb:
Tom

Welcome to the caff©, Lorraine.

First standard to learn is "Sweet Lorraine". BTW:-Watch out for Jules, he lives down your neck of the wood. Terrifies everyone with his saw.

ENJOY!

Thanks for the welcomes

Well apparently not! - he's hidden it! Gonna have to satisfy myself with learning to read music and beating out the time by hand.....its a start I suppose....

If there is anyone in Brighton who wants to get together for a natter or exchange tunes -(won't be able to jam yet!) in the new year LMK.

Cheers
Lx

Ha Ha Lorraine ... :)))

You ain't tryin hard enuff girl ... ;}

Hi and welcome :D enjoy your new sax :mrcool

Ah, I remember the feeling of anticipation well. My wife bought my first sax, an alto, for Christmas. I managed to get my first tune out of it in November :blush: It remains the best gift I've ever received as it opened up my world!

Welcome to step 1 of an infinite journey!

Welcome to the caff©, Lorraine.

First standard to learn is "Sweet Lorraine". BTW:-Watch out for Jules, he lives down your neck of the wood. Terrifies everyone with his saw.

ENJOY!

Would that be a maxim? Sorry, that's an old saw :rolleyes:

Welcome Lorraine

Hello Lorraine and welcome to the cafe. I'm sure you're going to love the sax.

Jim.

Welcome Lorraine, not long till Christmas now.

Happy blowing

Jx

Back
Top Bottom