supportTutorialsCDsPPT mouthpieces

Hi all

tom9437

Hi all Hi pete site looks great well done. Ok for new folk I am Tom from Peterborough uk i am 48 years young and i have been playing Alto sax for just under 3 yrs up until the last 3 months iv been kinda self learning not a good idea.Anyway have a good teacher and i feel i am doin well now. I have in the past posted some tunes on youtube just type in ...romeo011 i am not prowd of these tunes as it was before my teacher lessons but i hope i will post some good tunes in the summer chers Tom.:)

losaavedra

Well, at 48 you sure ain't OLD enough yet ... you need to be decomposing all over (especially the plumbin' parts) to survive the idiosyncrasies (how the heck do you spell that!) of the more mature clientele here, of which yours truly is possibly one. Despite that ... a very warm (often too warm!) welcome from sunny Spain (but not today, come to think of it!). Most of all ... have fun here, its what all that blowin' is all about ...

dooce

Welcome Tom. A few of us meet up in Corby every other Saturday and play quartet stuff - well, sometimes it's quartet, sometimes quintet, sometimes sextet (we have a video camera for those ;}). I am sure the rest of the group would be happy if you wanted to come along. If nothing else, it's nice just to spend a couple of hours talking saxes with fellow obsessives!

PS - don't be frightened off by thinking we are all great sax-players - no disrespect to the others, but we most definitely are not!

Young Col

Hi Tom
Welcome from another of the Croydon crew. No we're certainly not all good players on here - although some are and their advice is revered.

Just getting worried about these East Anglians OG. Should we call up reinforcements - Smiffy, or that new guy Eric(a) Pode - can he weild a Zimmer?
YC

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Café Supporter
Hi Tom
Welcome from another of the Croydon crew. No we're certainly not all good players on here - although some are and their advice is revered.

Just getting worried about these East Anglians OG. Should we call up reinforcements - Smiffy, or that new guy Eric(a) Pode - can he weild a Zimmer?
YC
Please don't forget I lived in Croydon for a while. Opposite the Odeon.

I was a regular at The Cartoon, is that still there? Can't be surely. I went out with one of the barmaids for a while.

Young Col

Pete
I guess that was the cinema down the West Croydon end? Don't think that's there now. The Cartoon closed a couple of years ago. I never went there, but they had some big names over the years. Just looking at a history on the 'net but can't see your name; perhaps you played in one of the many bands?
It's a dodgy part of town now. A fatal stabbing a few months back and my driving instructor neighbour had a brick thrown at his car only last week (and it wasn't a failed student!).
Colin

old git

Tremendous Bore
Pete,
You are on the letterhead as our Patron, above H.M. Queen Elizabeth ll who only qualifies as Vice Patron. One day we'll ask her if she minds.
Eric Pode of Croydon and his Bur Kiss looks like being black balled. I have investigated his qualifications and he only has a third in Kazoo from the Royal Northern with a later NVQ in Synchronised Humming.

Top Bottom