All fees from subs and sales are given to special needs music education charities
SYOS

Hi all. Thank you for letting me join.

Reedman

I’m getting on a bit, but still playing albeit badly.
I live in the north east and play saxes and clarinet.

spike

Old Indian
Subscriber
Welcome Reedman,
I'm also gettin' on a bit and still play badly and sometimes even nasty.
Takes a lot more practice to play badly ;)
Have fun at the Café.

MikeMorrell

Netherlands
Subscriber
Hi @Reedman and welcome to the café,

I'm getting on a bit too (as are other members) and I still have the illusion - though I don't practice much - that I might somehow gradually learn to play better than I do. My philosophy has been:
  • enjoy being able to play (at whatever level) and keep the positives in mind
  • enjoy (savour!) new discoveries that gradually help you play even better
  • don't spend too much time thinking about why other people play better than you do:
they have different backgrounds, different lives, different motivations/priorities and different talents.

My basic philosophy in life is that 'everything's relative'. There were always going to be much better musicians and sax players than me even if I'd started out aged 7 rather than 40+. The same applies to all areas of life. So stay focused on enjoying what you do, what you've learned so far and enjoying learning even more (at your own tempo).

Hope you have fun here!

Mike

PS thnx again to @Jeanette for the copied and pasted "é". Is there a more direct way?

hedgehog

I love singletrack.
Subscriber
Hi @Reedman and welcome to the café,

I'm getting on a bit too (as are other members) and I still have the illusion - though I don't practice much - that I might somehow gradually learn to play better than I do. My philosophy has been:
  • enjoy being able to play (at whatever level) and keep the positives in mind
  • enjoy (savour!) new discoveries that gradually help you play even better
  • don't spend too much time thinking about why other people play better than you do:
they have different backgrounds, different lives, different motivations/priorities and different talents.

My basic philosophy in life is that 'everything's relative'. There were always going to be much better musicians and sax players than me even if I'd started out aged 7 rather than 40+. The same applies to all areas of life. So stay focused on enjoying what you do, what you've learned so far and enjoying learning even more (at your own tempo).

Hope you have fun here!

Mike

PS thnx again to @Jeanette for the copied and pasted "é". Is there a more direct way?
I think you have put into words my philosophy, Thanks!

On the é, I use a Mac. With that, you just hold down the e key and soon a list of accented characters appear. You then click the one you want. Same for several other characters. Now for other characters it's different. If you want the pound-sterling mark, you press and hold option, then type the 3 (because it has an octothorpe, aka "pound" mark) on it. Euro mark is option-shift-2 €

GCinCT

Seeker of truth and beauty
Subscriber
Welcome to the Cafe. Playing music is a true joy, no matter what level. I'm approaching senior citizenship myself, but I'm not done playing yet!

RobBari

Subscriber
At 69 I'm a bit up there myself. Getting on beats the alternative - dum vivimus, vivamus!

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Top Bottom