All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Hi all newby who has not played sax before (except for the mini sax)

swaps1122

Joined as I have just bought my first real sax Elkhart series 2. Needs new cork so will be a week or 2 of cleaning and waiting for the new cork to arrive before I can start practicing. Can anyone tell me what key this sax plays in ? I got the sax and a case but nothing else. It needs a good clean on the inside and and all parts appear to be working well.
Thanks Alan

OP
S

swaps1122

Thanks for that, was under the impression they were made in other keys but like I say, never had dealing with these instruments before. I just always wanted to play them though.

Hammie 1982

I have wanted to play sax since i was about 11.....

Im now 38 and trying to get the money together to buy my first one.....
But im also buying other instruments at the moment..... Bass Clarinet, Flute, Violin etc etc etc......

My needs are many and my kids needs are more important lol

CliveMA

Can anyone tell me what key this sax plays in
Hi and Welcome. It could be an Alto or a Tenor. The Alto is in key of Eb. It is smaller than a Tenor and its neck looks like an angle bend. The Tenor is in key of Bb and is big enough to reach down near your knee when playing. Its neck is like a goose neck curve. (Maybe you have a Soprano which is quite small and in key of Bb).

Does that help?

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Subscriber
Hi welcome.

If you're unsure, post a pic and we'll confirm. If it's been unused for a while, it might need a basic service to deal with any leaks, sort out any minor regulation issues and give it a clean - it can be hard to play if it's not set-up correctly.

GCinCT

Seeker of truth and beauty
Subscriber
Welcome to the Cafe. Best of luck on your saxophone journey.

OP
S

swaps1122

Hi and Welcome. It could be an Alto or a Tenor. The Alto is in key of Eb. It is smaller than a Tenor and its neck looks like an angle bend. The Tenor is in key of Bb and is big enough to reach down near your knee when playing. Its neck is like a goose neck curve. (Maybe you have a Soprano which is quite small and in key of Bb).

Does that help?
Hi, yes it is a alto sax.

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom