All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Hi All from Switzerland

dexdex

I'm 52, live in Switzerland and play all 4 SATB saxes. As a day job I'm teaching logistics and IT.

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Hi Dexdex,
More info would be good. Musical likes and dislikes, passwords, pin numbers etc.
Andy

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Welcome to the Cafe.

By the way, going off topic is quite essential.

dexdex

Thanks to all.
Switzerland is also wet and chilly just now.
I'm playing jazz, some traditional, swing and post-bop.
I recently participated in a Saxophone Massive project, 250 saxophones, with Andy Sheppard. I was on baritone.
Dislikes ? Football, Celine Dion, Phil Collins, Jan Garbarek, .... More ?
Fan of Dexter Gordon, Stanley Turrentine, Eric Alexander, .....

Last edited by a moderator:

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff©, Dexdex.

You do realise that you've offended the Skabertawe lad, don't you? If you want to make such a criticism in future, please use hexadecimal format.>:)

ENJOY! ​™

dexdex

Well, I'm used to say: if you fear the answers, don't ask !
Hexadecimal might be easier for me than ... english. My native languages are français and schwyzerdütsch (swiss german).
:shocked: ...

dexdex

Can't see the signature. Anything wrong ? :confused:
OK, got it. There we go.

jazzdoh

Welcome,noticed you use fiberreed carbons,they are my choice of reed on alto,need to try them on sop and tenor.

Brian

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Hexadecimal is just OG's subtle way of trying to get morse code re-admitted to the forum, it's an illogical drift, but easy to spot by the mods... Try him on 2s complement notation, should keep him quiet for a bit. >:)

Nice and sunny on t'other side of the hills, here in Munich :)

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Hexadecimal is just OG's subtle way of trying to get morse code re-admitted to the forum, it's an illogical drift, but easy to spot by the mods... Try him on 2s complement notation, should keep him quiet for a bit. >:)
Actually Morse code is the future:

dexdex

Welcome,noticed you use fiberreed carbons,they are my choice of reed on alto,need to try them on sop and tenor.

Brian
That's funny. Alto is the only horn (with Bb clarinet) for which none of the Fiberreeds seemed to work for me. This is why I use the newest Légère Signature, which do fine.

jazzdoh

That's funny. Alto is the only horn (with Bb clarinet) for which none of the Fiberreeds seemed to work for me. This is why I use the newest Légère Signature, which do fine.
Have you tried the carbon's on soprano,if so how did you find them?
Harry lists Carbon and Carbon Classic,one is supposed to be darker.

I play 85% alto and find the Carbon Med suit me better than any other synthetic,Legere Signature were good but i found that they got harder/stiffer after playing them for a couple of weeks.

dexdex

Have you tried the carbon's on soprano,if so how did you find them?
Harry lists Carbon and Carbon Classic,one is supposed to be darker.

I play 85% alto and find the Carbon Med suit me better than any other synthetic,Legere Signature were good but i found that they got harder/stiffer after playing them for a couple of weeks.
Soprano is currently low priority in my case, and I still "finish" the Fibracell and Fiberreed Classic I have on hand. Didn't give the Carbon a real try.

The Carbon Classic is new. I only tried it's prototype on alto, and found it to dark. I play mostly tenor, Carbons since almost 10 years.

trimmy

One day i will...
Hi Dexdex and a warm welcome to the cafe from me here in sunny (i wish) Liverpool :)

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom