Hi All from gods own Wales

scottie

My name is Scottie from Cardiff Wales UK,
I guess I should first say what I Blow, Well after reading a write up By our host here, Pete Thomas:mrcool (and not peter as I once called him, and got my ass smacked for it ) I got myself a B.W. Bronz Soprano, Pete plays this horn on the film score he wrote for the film, Meet The Foxes.
I'm sure that all of you have heard this by now, but in the case you haven't go check it out ,(and I will say this in a low hush voice) its Brilliant !
Anyway I got one of them also the Alto ,I Also have a Norton Alto and a Vintage Keilwerth New King Tenor But that's up for sale now on ebay, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170376936282&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT sad to say I have a back problem and it kills me to hold it around my neck and back so its bye bye to my Baby.

I have not always been a sax player ,back in the 70s I was doing cabaret ( singer) and I guess my big claim to fame was , I once was support for the now late Gene Pitney. God Bless him.

I have been living in the Philippines for the last 8yrs, and now I'm married to a filipina and have 2 great kids, We still have a house back in the Philippines
But I had a heart attack last year and come back here, now awaiting an op.
So we are now back in Cardiff.
I love football and did have season ticket at Wolves, in fact my seat was about 4 seats away from Robert Plant, Led Zep A real down to earth nice guy.
I also like my home Town team Cardiff City ,but my fist love has always been Wolves.and I do feel sorry for the people who only have a team like Southampton to follow ;} but well as the song goes , THats Life
Ok, Well that's me,and I look forward to reading post from you all at some time or another.
Scottie
Nothing In Life Is More Certain,Than Life Is Completely Uncertain
My Music loves ,Miles Davies .Grover Washington , Art Poter , and George Howard

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
S

scottie

Thanks

oooooo another Welshman :welldone and now I know there is another sax dealers I can go to, dont have much here in Cardiff,I see you have a Keilwerth New King ,I have one now on Ebay a real baby all 100% original silver.
What Mp do you carry for soprano ? I have a BW Bronz soprano.
I like the sounds of Art porter Grover Washington and also George Howard,
My God I just notice all the ones I love are dead , I hope if I ever get that kind of tone it dont kill me!

Lupifaro

oooooo another Welshman :welldone and now I know there is another sax dealers I can go to, dont have much here in Cardiff,I see you have a Keilwerth New King ,I have one now on Ebay a real baby all 100% original silver.
What Mp do you carry for soprano ? I have a BW Bronz soprano.
I like the sounds of Art porter Grover Washington and also George Howard,
My God I just notice all the ones I love are dead , I hope if I ever get that kind of tone it dont kill me!
:( I no longer have the Newk i sold it in a mad moment and have regreted it ever since, i have had to console my self with a Mauriat:welldone
I am just off to Pontypool for the Jazz Festival with Martha Skilton she is sitting in with Dominic Norcross.
Send me you tel no and i will have a chat to you about soprano mouthpieces in the meantime Dave Keighley :welldoneis top man on BW sops along with nachoman:welldone
cheers birdman
www.studiosaxophones.co.uk

OP
S

scottie

Jazz Fest ?

I didnt know anything about that Jazz Fest, when where and how much is it,?
God I always miss these things ooo sh-t! ,Ok here is my number 02920 301006
What time do it finish ?

Lupifaro

I didnt know anything about that Jazz Fest, when where and how much is it,?
God I always miss these things ooo sh-t! ,Ok here is my number 02920 301006
What time do it finish ?
I know Pontypools best kept secret i only found out last week when i was asked to diaplay some flyers.
Pontypool active living center( the old Leisure center) finishes tonite
:sax:

Young Col

Welcome Scottie. As my Dad was born and brought up in Cardiff I claim honorary Welshness. Everyone just needs to remember that the Welsh are the greatest singers in the World and the greatest rugby players in the World.They certainly were after, as Dylan Thomas (one of the greatest poets in the World) said, 21 pints of thin, warm Welsh bitter.;}
Colin

Richard Perks

Welcome to a great place to chat and enjoy all things Sax wise. :sax:

Spent most of my holidays up to now in Philippines as my wife of 36yrs is from there. What part were you in? After the op will you go back? Anyway my mom was from Wales and I have visited a little there a few years back.:mrcool

OP
S

scottie

I hear u

Yes its funny , I was once told ,that there were only 2 kids of people in this world, The Welsh, and them that want to be Welsh hahaha,

OP
S

scottie

Philippines

Hi Saxman
Yes we still have a house in Imus Cavite , Its just south of Manila, We also have land in Mindoro and a light passenger and cargo boat there called THE WELSH LADY I guess you knew that hu? hehehe, well what other name would there be for it ?. We are back here in Cardiff for 2 things really, 1st is cos I had heart attack last year and now need an op, and 2nd is to fined a Biz partner as we want to open the land we have into a resort for over seas guys for holidays if you know what I mean? so many girls keep asking to fined English guys for them :D
So yes we will go back but dont know when yet.anyway thanks for your mail,I think my number is on this thread some where so by all mean give us a call , our wifes can have a good chat ,you know what they are like for chatting :) Tnx Scottie

TomMapfumo

Greetings from Swansea, Scottie! I have a BW curved soprano, Selmer Ref54 Alto & Yani T901 Tenor sax, but am preoccupied with my button free tenor (trombone) learning ska and jazz in Cardiff!

Nice to read your intro and hope you have a great time in Pete's Caff;}
Kind regards

Tom:cool:

daveysaxboy

Big ruff Geordie bendy metal blower
Yes still loving my BW Bronze horns Birdman,thank's to you once again for ya help.I have turned a few heads with my Ivory HISCOX Pro sax cases i got from you thats for sure.Loud and proud i am with them.BLACK CASE BORING,WHITE CASE GOOOOOOOOOOOD

Lloyd

A Welshman named Scottie? Well, I did once have an Old English Sheepdog called Paddy.

I'm a regular visitor to the valleys, although a bit further North. Bora da a croeso.

thehunt

I think you Welshies are ganging up on us, where do you all come from??? Welcome to the forum Scottie, hope your health improves soon, must be a change from the Phillippines? I too lived abroad for 24 years came back to Blighty 3 years ago. must say i'm loving it though, Morris dancers, real ale, village greens. aaaahhh!!
I'm sure you'll find everyone here really friendly and helpful. even if they can't improve your playing they will tell you how to.. See ya Phil >:)

Top Bottom