Tuesday March 1st starts at 8.30pm ticket price £10
:welldone:welldone

William Burt Social Club
Watering Lane,
West Winch,
King's Lynn,
PE33 0JY

A bit about Alan Barnes
So the next one, March 1st, sees us with our special guest Alan Barnes. Little introduction is necessary for this very busy reedsman, but here goes... In the 21 years since leaving Leeds College of Music he has played with just about everyone : The Pasadena Roof Orchestra, Humphrey Littleton, Tommy Chase, Jazz Renegades, Pizza Express Modern Jazz Quintet, Stan Tracey, Spike Robinson, Dave O’Higgins, BBC Big Band, John Dankworth ……it goes on and on. He’s been on recordings for Van Morrison, Bryan Ferry and even Bjork. His was the solo baritone on Mingus’ Moanin’ for the Tetley Bitter advert!

Unfortunately I am unable to make it. :(

Tony (another old git):mrcool

Sunray

Cor Blimey Mate ... I wold have missed this if you hadn't posted ...

Hey Up all the forum members near King's Lynn Norfolk (yes you Sunray) :w00t:

Alan Barnes (Baritone sax player) is playing with the Eddie Seales Big Band

Tuesday March 1st starts at 8.30pm ticket price £10

William Burt Social Club
Watering Lane,
West Winch,
King's Lynn,
PE33 0JY

A bit about Alan Barnes
So the next one, March 1st, sees us with our special guest Alan Barnes. Little introduction is necessary for this very busy reedsman, but here goes... In the 21 years since leaving Leeds College of Music he has played with just about everyone : The Pasadena Roof Orchestra, Humphrey Littleton, Tommy Chase, Jazz Renegades, Pizza Express Modern Jazz Quintet, Stan Tracey, Spike Robinson, Dave O’Higgins, BBC Big Band, John Dankworth ……it goes on and on. He’s been on recordings for Van Morrison, Bryan Ferry and even Bjork. His was the solo baritone on Mingus’ Moanin’ for the Tetley Bitter advert!

Unfortunately I am unable to make it. :(

Tony (another old git):mrcool
Cheers Tony ... :thankyou:

I guess I will need to don some kind of disguise for the day as the CaSLM will know where to find me on the 1st now ... [I haven't paid my fee's yet] ...;}

PS - Do you really think that you saying Unfortunately I am unable to make it. will throw them off the scent?

Just to be on the safe side mate - I'de recomend you come in disguise as well - Just in case they aren't fooled ...

Young Col

It's no good Sunray. We have people everywhere. You can run but you can't hide.
Enjoy the evening while you can!
YC

Sunray

Sussed ...

Ha Ha - Cheers YC ... ;}

I guess I've been rumbled ...

Now it will need to be "a really good disguise" ... :)))

Sunray

Cool Disguise ...

So it worked - My brilliant disguise ...

I tested it out on none other than Young Col [YC] :)))

He never had a clue it was me ... :w00t:

Yep! That's right YC - The Busker at Waterloo Station under the arch - thanks for the 2p you dropped in the hat ... ;}

PS Appy Birfday to the missus - Hope you got her a real nice pressie ...:D

old git

Tremendous Bore
So it worked - My brilliant disguise ...

Yep! That's right YC - The Busker at Waterloo Station under the arch - thanks for the 2p you dropped in the hat ... ;}

PS Appy Birfday to the missus - Hope you got her a real nice pressie ...:D
TWO WHOLE PENCE???????????????

That's more than the Chrissie prezzie he gave me, mind you Mrs YC is very nice, so I might forgive him.

Sunray

Godfather Speaks [or is that Grandfather?] ...

*Big Grin* That made me chuckle OG ... :thankyou:

Phew! When I saw you had posted in this thread - I thought my time was up and that you were calling all of the families together to get to me [for not paying my annual subs] ... :shocked:

Last edited by a moderator:

Young Col

I wondered who it was with the fake German accent Sunray, so just to be safe the 2p wasn't real either!

As we passed Git Towers on the train Mrs YC gave you a royal wave Bill, but there was no response and the drawbridge was up so we assumed you were inside having tiffin.
YC

teebones

Subscriber
*Big Grin* That made me chuckle OG ... :thankyou:

Phew! When I saw you had posted in this thread - I thought my time was up and that you were calling all of the families together to get to me [for not paying my annual subs] ... :shocked:
What's all this Sunray :w00t:

We Norfolk Dumpling's have not received your fee's as of this posting.

Your disguise in green marigolds and green face mask along with the stolen scarecrow hat and dark glasses will help us dumplings sus you out. :))):)))

Young Col

It was when we went passed on Friday and OG has a kip afterwards as well.
Anyway, let me know when you're up for a chukka and I'll get the pony out!

Sunray

Ooo Argh!! ...

What's all this Sunray :w00t:

We Norfolk Dumpling's have not received your fee's as of this posting.

Your disguise in green marigolds and green face mask along with the stolen scarecrow hat and dark glasses will help us dumplings sus you out. :))):)))
Ha Ha Tony ... :)))

You shouldn't have said "you orrible lot" could recognise the green disguise - cos all I need to do is change it to red or blue kit, so Norfolk Dumplings won't know it's really me ... *Simples* ;}

Thanks for the laugh mate ... :thankyou:

old git

Tremendous Bore
OK YC, bring the pony around but forget the trap this time.

As well as the jolly old cucumber sarnies, Jeeves 2 is wondering if Lavender honey from Bermondsey might tickle the old tonsils and which 'poo are you favouring this month?

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Subscriber
Ha Ha Tony ... :)))

You shouldn't have said "you orrible lot" could recognise the green disguise - cos all I need to do is change it to red or blue kit, so Norfolk Dumplings won't know it's really me ... *Simples* ;}

Thanks for the laugh mate ... :thankyou:
Thems Norfolk Dumplings are indeedy simple.... I can say this as I grew up within spitting distance of the border, and we often did ... spit that is.
Fortunately I escaped as soon as I was old enough,
sadly the parents didn't get out in time...

Sunray

Hey Hey Mandy ... *Smile*

Thems Norfolk Dumplings are indeedy simple.... I can say this as I grew up within spitting distance of the border, and we often did ... spit that is.
Fortunately I escaped as soon as I was old enough,
sadly the parents didn't get out in time...
The Malverns, Worcs ... Out of the frying pan ??? :)))

PS - Don't spit in your sax ... ;}

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom