All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Rock & Pop Hey hey hey jude

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Came across this today after listening to a few versions and had to post it.It's quite long but in my opinion just gets better and better. See for yourselves

http://youtu.be/35CJGFnOXpM

Last edited by a moderator:

Koen88

Sax Drinker / Beer player
how about these guys!

rhysonsax

My favourite is the Tubby Hayes version - WOW !

Rhys

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Yes I love the Tubby Hayes one too but I'm afraid that's quite a different animal and benefits from all the super backing and it's all very nice,but like I said I listened to lots and had to put the one I did in,there are a few asian players and the second one put in by tyrimmy WARREN HILL that could all be using the same score and they all roll along at a nice pace with a certain build up as they go but the one I opted for was because although the tonal quality might leave something to be desired (the same as all the rest to be fair) that piece with very little backing builds bar on bar to an amazing climax(am I allowed to say that) and imparts more power into the tune than all the others put together.SO THERE....john

LIKE I SAID IT GETS BETTER BETTER BETTER BETTER

Nick Wyver

noisy
Subscriber
I didn't like any of them Even the Tubby Hayes one managed to sound cheesy (but not as much as the others).

Lorraine

I didn't like any of them Even the Tubby Hayes one managed to sound cheesy (but not as much as the others).
As a newbie - I'm probably not qualified to say so - but amen to that

I may not know much about music - but I know what I don't like - ;} and it seems to me some tunes just don't transfer well to the saxamophone.... personal preference I guess
:dontgetit:

trimmy

One day i will...
I may not know much about music - but I know what I don't like - ;} and it seems to me some tunes just don't transfer well to the saxamophone.... personal preference I guess
:dontgetit:
That's the beauty of music we don't have to like each others preference or none at all for that matter, otherwise music would be boring ;}
I still like the sound of Tubby's saxamophone ;} ;}

Lorraine

Aways new I'd get shot down in flames but that's life I spose :(;}:(;}:(;}
Noooooooooo

I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it!:thumb:

Alternatively, if everyone was like me the world would be perfect! :)))

Colin the Bear

What is it about Beatles songs? I can't see what all the fuss is about. Simple tunes with apt lyrics for the times. I put them in with the Sound of music and Abba. The tunes won't swing and they hardly rock and the best versions were covers by other bands. I do like to play the long and winding rd though and norwegian wood, and penny lane is fun and I used to play a reggae version of eleanor rigby..........come to think of it........I suppose they're modern folk songs.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
What is it about Beatles songs? I can't see what all the fuss is about. Simple tunes with apt lyrics for the times. I put them in with the Sound of music and Abba. The tunes won't swing and they hardly rock and the best versions were covers by other bands. I do like to play the long and winding rd though and norwegian wood, and penny lane is fun and I used to play a reggae version of eleanor rigby..........come to think of it........I suppose they're modern folk songs.
The later stuff - say from Sgt Pepper on, was rather different.

Moz

Aways new I'd get shot down in flames but that's life I spose :(;}:(;}:(;}
My fave is the one you originally posted GSIM. No effects, nor artificial embellishments, just a bloke with a sax and a backing track. I liked it, and I'm not even a great fan of The Beatles.

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
I think one of the interesting things is that most of the Asian players were using a transcription by Warren Hill I must have a look for it,I know you can get it up,on you tube but it would be good to have it on paper,I suppose it must be available somewhere,maybe we could use it as a long term project for the meet that would keep us busy for quite a while:))):))):))):w00t: .......John

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom