All profit supporting   special needs music

Saxophones Here's a new old name - "Art-i-So" sax

jonf

Locality
Betelgeuse
Yes, looks very Buescher-ish. Compared the pics to my True Tone, and some detail differences, but more similarities.

Start price is £180 delivered, adding on VAT on the item and delivery takes it to a minimum of about £220. I wouldn't pay that for a sax from a pawn shop. True Tones can be bought in playable condition with a Buescher badge for not a lot more than that.

DavidUK

Café Supporter
Locality
Near Lutterworth, Leics.
No intention of buying it. Just thought I'd report on an "oddity". Thanks for the info. I thought Buescher too.

jonf

Locality
Betelgeuse
Incidentally, Buescher True Tones are lovely saxes, really good value for vintage Americana, with a very nice tone. Down side is the ergonomics are poor. You need a strong left pinky (which I have) and small hands to reach the palm keys (which I don't). A set of palm key risers makes it playable, but not as easy/fluid as a modern sax.

badenia

Locality
California
I am little late on this one, but this is an example of a stencil from the Elkhart Band Instrument Co, subsidiary of Buescher. Based on the design and serial configuration, it is an early 1930's model.

I am currently working on a serial number dating system for Elkhart BIC and post updates in the saxontheweb forum.

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom