Photo contest

Saxophones Herche Superior X3 Tenor Saxophone, anyone?

olds_cool63

Hey, everyone.

So, in my quest to get as much info on a tenor (I'm thinking a Yamaha YAS-480..to start, anyway), I came across the Herche Superior X3 Tenor Saxophone.

Seems to sound great based on the very few videos on youtube. Great warranty. Has anyone out there played or owned one? What's the quality like? What are your thoughts on sound, playability, weight, feel, etc...?

Could be a good horn to practice on. If you have anything to share (details, details, details), I'd appreciate it!

Thanks!

Never heard of... I see they are discounting their equivalent X3 alto by almost 50%, I wonder... Who does that?

If they have a half decent product, they shouldn't need to !?

Doesn't seem to be sold by music shops, one terrestrial supplier and Amazon and Ubuy. I can't imagine taking a gamble on something like this compared to a well tried and tested product with an established supply chain.

A Yamaha 480 is in a very different price range so probably not comparable $3,379.99 vs the Herche at $1000 - which is a brand I've never heard of.

If you're getting a starter instrument - The Yamaha 280 is cheaper than the 480 and would be a great option. Once you get more experienced and discerning as what you do and don't like, your choices can be become more personal.

If you want to save some money and are looking for something cheaper . Thomann have their own range of instruments and a good reputation for customer service they also sell more expensive instruments.

Cool! Thanks for all the responses. Yeah...did a lot of homework on the Yamaha's. I like the YTS-480. If I decide to get another alto, I like the YAS-280 (current sax will become a wall ornament). So, I won't be a saxophonist, per se. I'll never perform, that's for sure (too old to even THINK about that). Will be more of a "background instrument" (I play several other instruments). It's not really a money thing...I just need a good sounding, good quality horn for songs recorded in my home studio that I will probably put on some music services..or not. We'll see. Guess I'm wanting something I can "re-learn" on and record with.

NO interest in used, BTW...
We're just on opposite sides of the fence then. I have no interest in new!

My first and last new saxophone was a perfect yas-275. So perfect it was kind of boring to me as what I enjoy is to fix them.

Don't get me wrong. I love when my horns are in good shape and play well. But I love it when it's the result of my tweaking them into shape.

Yamahas are very good I think for keeping in shape after a good setup, provided it's been done properly of course...

Quick internet search
Doesn't seem to be sold by music shops, one terrestrial supplier and Amazon and Ubuy. I can't imagine taking a gamble on something like this compared to a well tried and tested product with an established supply chain.
Was wot I woz hinking, but couldn't enunciate

Hey, everyone.

So, in my quest to get as much info on a tenor (I'm thinking a Yamaha YAS-480..to start, anyway), I came across the Herche Superior X3 Tenor Saxophone.

Seems to sound great based on the very few videos on youtube. Great warranty. Has anyone out there played or owned one? What's the quality like? What are your thoughts on sound, playability, weight, feel, etc...?

Could be a good horn to practice on. If you have anything to share (details, details, details), I'd appreciate it!

Thanks!
I see they're available on Amazon UK but all the reviews are from the USA.

Here's a review of the alto:

Screenshot 2023-08-27 at 23.38.16.png

From: Herche Superior Alto Saxophone | Professional Grade Musical Instruments for All Levels | High F# Key | Complete Set w/Backpack Carrying Case, Neck Strap, Alto Sax Reeds, Cork Grease & Service Plan : Amazon.co.uk: Musical Instruments & DJ

Other issues with the tenor. Personally I'd avoid.

Back
Top Bottom