All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Accessories Help with Saxmute one

alrightson

Hi all,
After a lot of Googling and only found one site that sells them albeit from Russia. Does anyone know where I can buy the Saxmute one please? Only with the neighbours I have, the complaints from me practicing will be bad.

Thank you in advance

Alexandra

Subscriber
I hear you and sympathize about the neighbours! I have the same problem. Is this what you're after?

Saxmute One Alto

You didn't say what saxophone you have, this is the alto version. Sax.co.uk is a great site and they sell a variety of saxophone mutes.

Alex

OP
A

alrightson

Hi Alex,
Thank you for your reply. Yes sorry mate, it is for an Alto. I like the sax uk site, but unfortunately they don't have the Alto one in stock. I have seen reviews of the mutes that go into the bell, that they don't mute the volume.

Alexandra

Subscriber
I didn't realise it wasnt in stock. I see what you mean, I can't find one online. Must be a popular product right now! Is this any good:

Best Brass e- Sax Mute Alto Sax

It might be a 'copy' of the saxmute, I've not heard of this make before. Its listed as 'on request' but worth asking if they can get one from their supplier. I'd also call or email sax.co.uk and ask the same question.

OP
A

alrightson

I didn't realise it wasnt in stock. I see what you mean, I can't find one online. Must be a popular product right now! Is this any good:

Best Brass e- Sax Mute Alto Sax

It might be a 'copy' of the saxmute, I've not heard of this make before. Its listed as 'on request' but worth asking if they can get one from their supplier. I'd also call or email sax.co.uk and ask the same question.
Yeah that would be great but unfortunately out of my price range :( Thank you Alexandra

Alexandra

Subscriber
I know the feeling, most things are out of my price range at the moment! :oops:

I'll let you know if I find the Saxmute One anywhere. All the best.

Jo-sax280

Hi all,
After a lot of Googling and only found one site that sells them albeit from Russia. Does anyone know where I can buy the Saxmute one please? Only with the neighbours I have, the complaints from me practicing will be bad.

Thank you in advance
Hi , by what I read you have purchased one but Amazon are good . I have experience in this area , the full in cased one seems the last resort but expensive. I‘m using the one where you place little sponges in the mouth piece and the horn . Seems to cut down the sound by 50 per cent but not for learner saxophone players as it slightly alters the sound and you might think it’s you .
Good luck .. from jo

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
A

alrightson

Yay! Enjoy it. :thumb:
Will do, it does mute the volume, but not as quiet as I thought it would be. But still better than nothing :) So now time to start practicing. Going to find some free youtube videos, till I can afford to join McGill's Sax School.

OP
A

alrightson

Hi , by what I read you have purchased one but Amazon are good . I have experience in this area , the full in cased one seems the last resort but expensive. I‘m using the one where you place little sponges in the mouth piece and the horn . Seems to cut down the sound by 50 per cent but not for learner saxophone players as it slightly alters the sound and you might think it’s you .
Good luck .. from jo
Hi Jo,

Thanks Jo. Yeah I got those mutes as well, but I found they muted the sound but not the volume.

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom