Help with notation please

Taz

Busking Oracle
Hi all you music readers, I'm after a bit of a favour for another cafe member. They contacted me about a YouTube film I did. I played "She's like the wind." The trouble is, our friend wants the notes that I played. I don't read music and played the piece by ear so I can't help them, other than email them the mp3 backing track. Would it be possible for one of you guy's or galls to work out the notation, or failing that has anyone got it already.
I've embedded the piece, although its not great so don't be too cruel! ;} The sound quality is quite poor as its straight to camcorder. Cheers in anticipation

Last edited by a moderator:

visionari1

Gday Taz.

Nothing re your dots (probably all sorted anyway)

Thought I'd comment, I prefer your standard set up, sounds (to me fuller and easier for you)

Great that you don't read (music that is)
Must be why you sound so good & obviously your ears are well developed, not to mention other parts of your good self (like brain power etc):D

Maybe the other mouthpiece needed a dif reed or lig.. which I'm sure ya musta tryed.

Cheers & Ciao
Jimu:mrcool

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Taz

Taz

Busking Oracle
Firstly, thanks Geoff, The score is winging it's electronic way to our colleague right now, and Jimu, thanks for the comments, although I have to say it was something I did because I was bored, and I wasn't putting much effort into it. The Brillhart was one of Dooces pieces that he lent me, so I didn't play around with it that much. I still prefer my own setup though.
Cheers friends!

dooce

Firstly, thanks Geoff, The score is winging it's electronic way to our colleague right now, and Jimu, thanks for the comments, although I have to say it was something I did because I was bored, and I wasn't putting much effort into it. The Brillhart was one of Dooces pieces that he lent me, so I didn't play around with it that much. I still prefer my own setup though.
Cheers friends!
Just for clarity, it's a Brilhart Levelair, reputedly a great rock/gigging piece, and that is what I used it for, although it's now been superceded by the Brancher for that purpose (far less uncivilized!). Mellow it ain't - although I am sure that better players than Taz and I could make it so if they wanted. Taz still amazes me with the range of sounds he gets out of that Runyon - I've got pretty much the same piece and it sounds like the Flying Scot in a tunnel on my set-up :w00t:

OP
Taz

Taz

Busking Oracle
Just for clarity, it's a Brilhart Levelair, reputedly a great rock/gigging piece, and that is what I used it for, although it's now been superceded by the Brancher for that purpose (far less uncivilized!). Mellow it ain't - although I am sure that better players than Taz and I could make it so if they wanted. Taz still amazes me with the range of sounds he gets out of that Runyon - I've got pretty much the same piece and it sounds like the Flying Scot in a tunnel on my set-up :w00t:
Thanks for clearing that up for me Bill. Ere, shouldnt you be leaving from platform 6 now? :)))
Actualy mate, although we use a very similar set up, I think we do sound very different and I do like your sound! ;}

Pee Dee

What key was it in?

Oh yes, 'bout time you sorted that incomplete instrument out behind your head:D

Top Bottom