supportTutorialsCDsPPT mouthpieces

Help - small-bore plastic tubing

half diminished

It's driving me mad! A little bit of plastic tube has dropped off the side Bb ket mechanism and it rattles like *@g@*$y.

Where can I get some? Please help. the noise is irritating and almost putting me off my playing. :w00t:

Even Karen mentioned it at my lesson today.

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Subscriber
What about insulating sheath on a bit of electric cable. Strip it off the core and Bob's your uncle. Just got to find the right size cable!
That's the sort of bodge I do but I'm sure the techies know much better.
Andrew

losaavedra

Chain Saw or Strimmer fuel tubing, roughly 3 to 3.5mm externally, from hardware shop or maybe garden centre. Just got 1.5 metres of it for my motor gardening tools but its rather a long way to come for a chunk!!

MartinL

All of the above work well, I've used cable sheathing and heat shrink myself to great effect, Also there is a soft Teflon tube sometimes supplied with light fittings as a heat sheath, also very good.

c9off

this is 3mm inner 4mm outer - although not listed on their site, I'm sure www.windcraft.co.uk
would have something, as recommended by Griff (where are thou?).

Heat shrink is an easy solution but o/d will only be 3.5mm, pm address if you fancy it & I'll post - you'll have it tomorrow!

SteveK

What a fantastically resourceful lot we saxophonists are !
I went to the repair man and asked for some. He seemed unsure how to source it and gave me something that wasn't really any better than a piece of wire insulation I had used as a stop-gap measure.

Steve

davhudson

Sounds like a duff horn to me.

I would ditch it and buy a new one if I were you.

Tell you what (as a friend) - to save you time with the "ditching" bit - I'll come round tonight and take it off your hands if you like?

OP
half diminished

half diminished

A big thanks to those who've been helpful and to those of you who have not................... well no change there!

Disappointed OG didn't have any useful tips or suggestions though.

griff136

this is 3mm inner 4mm outer - although not listed on their site, I'm sure www.windcraft.co.uk
would have something, as recommended by Griff (where are thou?).
I have been headhunted by sax.co.uk's london store - Ive been busy working there all this week and then i'll be there on wednesdays.

windcraft do sell this tubing but you can also get aquarium pump tubing or oxygen tubing from medical suppliers.

good tip on the old biro tube too

griff136

Thanks OG
as for my work as John Myalls - I would never leave there - its a great working atmosphere and I will be continuing to work there on a thursday although this week it'll be friday.

OP
half diminished

half diminished

Hoorah!

Piping duly arrived and fitted. No more rattles!!!!

Unfortunately, what with the postage cost some 4 times the item cost, I had to order a few extra small goodies though. :w00t:

griff136

for future reference if you order some accessories with your spares order form windcraft then postage is free!

accessories include - mouthpiece patches, cork grease etc.

Top Bottom