holly  All fees from subs and sales are given to special needs music education charities holly
SYOS

Saxophones Help buying saxophone

Hello,
I'm trying to buy a saxophone and I found one being sold second hand as a Grassi prestige (here is a thread about the Grassi saxes: Grassi Saxophones).
However, it doesn't have the brand logo engraved in it, but only those circular leaves with "Prestige" written inside. Is this a real Grassi prestige or a "fake" one?
Thank you very much for the help

Pictures:

This is what is engraved in the bell, no brand logo, only this

This is what seems to be the serial number(?) 1405 1376047

This is the ad: Saxofone Alto (DESCIDA DE PREÇO!)

MMM

Hello,
I'm trying to buy a saxophone and I found one being sold second hand as a Grassi prestige (here is a thread about the Grassi saxes: Grassi Saxophones).
However, it doesn't have the brand logo engraved in it, but only those circular leaves with "Prestige" written inside. Is this a real Grassi prestige or a "fake" one?
Thank you very much for the help

Pictures:

This is what is engraved in the bell, no brand logo, only this

This is what seems to be the serial number(?) 1405 1376047

This is the ad: Saxofone Alto (DESCIDA DE PREÇO!)
Hi, I actually replied to your other post: it is definitely NOT a Grassi.
Cheers M

OP
G
The seller in the advertisement refers to the sax as "Prestige" brand only and there does not appear to be any reference to the brand "Grassi" therefore does not appear to be scam or false advertising. Possibly a horn of Asian origin - China or Taiwan perhaps?

Greg S.
I know, but I talked to him, asked for the brand, and he said very sure that it was a Grassi, and that's what left me wondering. Thank you for the help.

OP
G
The seller in the advertisement refers to the sax as "Prestige" brand only and there does not appear to be any reference to the brand "Grassi" therefore does not appear to be scam or false advertising. Possibly a horn of Asian origin - China or Taiwan perhaps?

Greg S.
Yes I saw! Thank you for the help. Now I can also tell the owner it's not a Grassi because he was (or seemed) really convinced it is. Thanks again!

OP
G
Hi, I actually replied to your other post: it is definitely NOT a Grassi.
Cheers M
Hi again,
I’m just writing to say that I found an used (but in good condition) Amati Classic (not super classic) being sold by 300€, and ask if you think it is a good saxophone and the price is good. Thanks!

Hassles

Ida Maria Grassi made some nice horns. I have a jade roller alto which plays in a similar fashion to my 59 Conn Director (aka Shooting Stars) - pretty easy blowing and nice ergonomics. Made In Italy will be found somewhere engraved upon the body and the model name never inscribed upon the bell - that is reserved for the makers name.

STA-OT

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Top Bottom