All profit supporting   special needs music

Saxophones Help Buying Daughter Soprano Sax - Bauhas Walstein or Trevor James Revolution II ?

TomMapfumo

TomMapfumo

Locality
Skabertawe, South Wales
I would still choose a BW Curved - superb instrument. Nothing better in the bottom half of the market!

jonf

jonf

Locality
Betelgeuse
I've still got my BW curved. Still happy with it, and it still plays well.

Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas

Commercial Supporter
Locality
St. Mary's
+1 for BW. NB: it's always worth ringing them and mentioning you heard it the Cafe as martin is a member here (I think).

P

Pabs

Thanks for the response guys. I have read about Sax.co.uk no longer stocking them and someone else who got a sax that fell through the QC process and have been worried.

On another topic would you say the B.W curved soprano plays in tune? and how does the intonation compare with other saxes below £1000?

By the way, I have to say Mr Thomas I love your 'Taming The Saxophone' website and the resources there!

Jazzaferri

Jazzaferri

Locality
Victoria BC Canada
I concur with the BW recommendation.

A friend who is much more into Sop than (also an occasional poster here) told me that curvies are a little more saxy sounding but he uses a straight because the altissimo is better and he spent a lot of time up there at one point in his career

jonf

jonf

Locality
Betelgeuse
On another topic would you say the B.W curved soprano plays in tune? and how does the intonation compare with other saxes below £1000?

As much in tune as any other sop I've played, and better than many. Like any sop, it still needs to be controlled by the player.

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom