All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Help, Bari mouthpiece LOAN needed

Taz

Busking Oracle
HI guy's and gals, I'm in need of a favour and not sure how I can repay it. Ok here's the deal, I've just been offered a gig with Dark side of the Wall, a Pink Floyd tribute band and it could lead to more work with them (only as a dep) but they want me to play the bari as well as the tenor. Unfortunately I don't think that the PPT that I've ordered will be here in time, so does anyone have a bari mouthpiece that I can borrow for the 30th of this month. I'll use a patch so there'll be no tooth damage and I promise I'll clean it afterwards!
Can any one help me out?
Maybe I can repay it by a small donation to Pete's charity?
Thanks in advance, Taz.

rhysonsax

Hi Taz,

I've got more bari mouthpieces than I know what to do with ! Most of them are just sitting in a shoe box, untouched and unloved since I got my PPT.

Any ideas on what you would like to borrow (e.g. metal or ebonite, high baffle or low baffle, open/medium/closed) ?

For instance I've got Berg Larsens in HR and in stainless steel, SR Tech in metal, Jary Custom in HR, Lawton in metal).

Let me know and we can sort something out.

Rhys

Taz

Busking Oracle
Hi Rhys, I really appreciate the offer, this could be a really big gig for me. I'm not much of an expert on mouthpieces, so I would have thought that something with a medium opening and a high'ish baffle? I'm not sure. That Berg in stainless sounds quite nice.
I've got to compete with electric guitars but I think they've got a sound engineer, again I'm not sure. I'll pm my address and let me know how much the postage is as I don't want you to be out of pocket.
Thanks again, Taz

Taz

Busking Oracle
Rhys can you delete some of your private messages as you can't receive any more until you do so.
Thanks, Taz

rhysonsax

Rhys can you delete some of your private messages as you can't receive any more until you do so.
Thanks, Taz
Hi Taz,

Just done that - it doesn't seem to have much capacity allowed.

I think the Berg in stainless is a good idea and I may also send a Lawton which is really nice so you can try then against each other. If you like metal pieces on tenor then these are going to be a good place to start.

Rhys

dooce

Ok here's the deal, I've just been offered a gig with Dark side of the Wall, a Pink Floyd tribute band and it could lead to more work with them (only as a dep) but they want me to play the bari as well as the tenor.
Thanks in advance, Taz.
Good luck with those Dick Parry solos mate. I was offered a place in a Floyd tribute band a couple of years ago so long as I could faithfully re-create the original pieces. 20 minutes trying to work out the solo from Money, even with the score in front of me, and that was the end of that career move!

rhysonsax

Good luck with those Dick Parry solos mate. I was offered a place in a Floyd tribute band a couple of years ago so long as I could faithfully re-create the original pieces. 20 minutes trying to work out the solo from Money, even with the score in front of me, and that was the end of that career move!
This guy doesn't do badly:

http://www.youtube.com/user/DBFreebee#p/a/u/2/Kp016Iat8Pw
http://www.youtube.com/user/DBFreebee#p/u/1/YNXMOS0Y2WU
http://www.youtube.com/user/DBFreebee#p/u/3/ZlLaPcIEFok

Taz,

Did you get my email ? I have cleared out my PM box now, so you can contact me that way.

Rhys

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Good luck Taz, Dick Parry was one of the biggest motivators fo me to learn sax - and as I learn to play, I realise how good his playing really is..... And how much more I have to learn. Hat's off to you!!!!!!!!!!!11

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom