All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Helloooooo from Brisbane

SusieSc

Hi . I :welldonefound your site today while googling reviews for the Bauhaus-Walstein soprano sax I just ordered from SaxUK. Am excited to have stumbled upon this saxophone community, looking forward to getting started. Cheers all, SusieSc

Musicrocks

Hello! Hello!

Welcome.

I also found this site whilst looking for various brands and other info.

Have a good one.

Cheers

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff©, Susie.

Brisbane> Is that a small village in Part of Flint please?

ENJOY!​™

SusieSc

So nice to hear back from fellow sax folks. I'm not quite sure where to put my reply, so will have to experiment a bit. Brisbane is in Australia, it's the capital city of Queensland, about 400km north of Sydney. Thx all for your nice replies, looking forward to connecting more with you all.
Cheers

Hello! Hello!

Welcome.

I also found this site whilst looking for various brands and other info.

Have a good one.

Cheers

Pyrografix

Senile Member
Hi Susie,
As a fellow BW sop owner, I can see that you have good taste-not sure that's a good thing round here!!!
Enjoy your sax when it arrives. Look forward to hearing how you get on with it.
In the meantime, welcome from sunny Scotland.
Cheers
Amanda

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Subscriber
Hi welcome!

We seem to be acquiring an ever expanding antipodean community.

Don't take everything said in this mad-house too seriously :w00t:

SusieSc

I'm already enjoying being part of this cafe, I keep checking back to read new posts, the threads are really interesting to read and helpful too.

TomMapfumo

Hi Susie!

A Big Welcome from Skabertawe's two Bauhaus Walstein soprano sax owner - one bronze straight and one bronze curved one - down by yer in Old South Wales.One of my elderly friends used to be the wife of an infamous Anglican Bishop who was based in Brisbane some years ago - William Baddeley!

What mouthpiece/ligature/reed combination do you use? Hope you have a good time at the Cafe!
Kind regards
Tom

SusieSc

Thanks so much Tom and all for the welcoming comments. I hadn't heard of Rev Baddley but he does sound a real character, I appreciated the posting of his obit. My BW soprano is still in transit between London and Brisbane, the ups tracker had it last lodged in at Honolulu. The purchase comes complete with mouthpiece and ligature which I thought I'd use for a bit then research different options. What MP and lig do u use? Any other suggestions out there?
cheers all
Susie
:mrcool

TomMapfumo

I use the mouthpiece etc. listed below this post - A Soprano Planet mouthpiece made by Joe Giardullo, which is specifically designed to help produce a Jan Garbarek vibe. I would recommend the Bari Esprit soprano mouthpiece which I just purchased - £14.00 in UK and a great, darker sounding mouthpiece - one of the best under £100 in my opinion. http://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthread.php?8497-Bari-Espirit-mouthpiece

For a really nice contemporary soprano sax sound have a listen to the Portico Quartet when you have a moment.....
Kind regards
Tom
Tom

compound

Hi and Welcome to the Cafe Susie, hope you enjoy your new purchase. Do you play sax now or is this your first one. Looking forward to hearing how you get on with the BW, i play the Bronze tenor nice horn's
Regards Rob :thumb:

dooce

Hallo Susie and welcome. Me and Mrs Dooce spent Christmas Day in Brisbane, eating turkey off the barbie. Later, we did a tour looking at the house Xmas decorations - which are seriously mad. Nice city, nice people. As a result of that trip, I now have a mate there who keeps posting beautiful pictures of sun-soaked Queensland on Facebook, which I find so annoying to some one living in the middle of England that I am thinking of de-friending him. I travelled with a soprano sax and one of my lingering memories is of playing The Pogue's "Dirty Old Town" with, this guy singing, in a karaoke pub session...... Happy days

My sop is also a Bauhaus - it coped with 7 months travelling superbly - a solid bit of kit. For what it's worth, I went through many mouthpieces but for me by far the best is Pete Thomas's own PTT 7 which is now a permanent fixture.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Have you been to Sydney Andy? It's a fun place to visit. Is your son a sax person too?
cheers,
SusieSc
Seven times and counting Susie. No Duncan doesn't play the sax, just like his Dad!
I have hopes for my grandson though.

Jacksax.jpg

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom