support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hello

Hi Lloyd, Trevor James Horn Classic Alto and a Trevor James Horn Revolution II Tenor (and before the Alto - flute for 30 somthing years ;} )

Last edited:
You can be sure it won't be....

Hi ArtyLady and welcome (back). I have a Trevor James original Horn alto that I started on, which I reclaimed from my son after he hadn't played it for 10 years. It's not my main horn now but I keep it in case I need a back up.
Colin

Hi again.
No! I'm not accusing you of drinking.
Enjoy, as that was the last of my bad jokes.

Took me ages to get that :D

Are you sure about that?

Anyway, hi to ArtyLady, welcome back,

Phil

Thanks nice to be back

You can be sure it won't be....

Hi ArtyLady and welcome (back). I have a Trevor James original Horn alto that I started on, which I reclaimed from my son after he hadn't played it for 10 years. It's not my main horn now but I keep it in case I need a back up.
Colin

Hi Colin, my worry is that when I picked the Alto up today to play it I couldn't get a note out of it :shocked: not sure what's going on there!:confused:

Hi

Hi Arty,
Welcome to BR. I am a TJ Sig alto player but now loveing my JK tenor. I am relatively new to sax (6 months) but have played flute for some 36 years. New TJ Masters 2 flute to replace my original Yam YFL21S still in as new condition 36 years on.
Anyway, enjoy the forum.
Ben

Arty
Welcome

I'm a Yani fan (Alto and Sop - got a Hanson Tenor, not bad but wish I had got a Yani). Tried a TJ once and was not keen, but if it suits you that is what is important. Even more important - have fun :sax:

You are honoured OG seems to have got up very early to post (that early is a bit too keen for me), let's just hope he got out of bed the right side, or we'll know about it! :w00t:

You don't say where you're from - I would simply warn you to watch out for that CaSLM (Croydon and South London Massive) lot if you are south of the great watery divide.

SLoB

Well he obviously didn't Stephen if he put his back out again! Must have let go of the Zimmer while reaching for one of those bottles of Wandle water I sent him. I'll PM the name of my chiropractor Bill. However, don't think that leaves the CasLM weakened - the boiling oil is always ready atop Castle Croydon and the other residents will help with the drawbridge.

Hope you get blowing again Arty. Very strange if you can't get any sound out of it.

Colin

Welcome back Artylady - my main love is the tenor...but I cheat occasionally with a Martin Bari to chase away the wildlife..... glad you're back ;}

Arty
Welcome

I'm a Yani fan (Alto and Sop - got a Hanson Tenor, not bad but wish I had got a Yani). Tried a TJ once and was not keen, but if it suits you that is what is important. Even more important - have fun :sax:

You don't say where you're from - I would simply warn you to watch out for that CaSLM (Croydon and South London Massive) lot if you are south of the great watery divide.

SLoB

Hi Slob, I've not tried anything else but have to say the Rev II seems far superior to my TJ Classic Horn Alto. I'm from nr Chelmsford in Essex.

Hope you get blowing again Arty. Very strange if you can't get any sound out of it.

Colin

Hi Colin, I've managed to play the Alto again but only by going down to a #1.5 reed - and it still takes a lot of puff!! I have a #2.5 reed in the tenor - it's just no effort at all! very strange :shocked:

I'm from nr Chelmsford in Essex.QUOTE]

Just down the road. I think there are nearly enough of us to justify a gathering some time soon.

The other day I heard of a pub in Sible Hedingham that has open mike nights and one of the owners/bartenders is a Sax player. Might be worth having a look at.

The Chequers at Matching Green sometimes has jazz nights.

There must be some venue local to a few of us in this neck of the woods where we could meet up. Any suggestions?

S

I'm from nr Chelmsford in Essex.QUOTE]

Just down the road. I think there are nearly enough of us to justify a gathering some time soon.

The other day I heard of a pub in Sible Hedingham that has open mike nights and one of the owners/bartenders is a Sax player. Might be worth having a look at.

The Chequers at Matching Green sometimes has jazz nights.

There must be some venue local to a few of us in this neck of the woods where we could meet up. Any suggestions?

S

Sounds brilliant :welldone - so far I've only been able to find blues/rock jam nights, which I do enjoy but my friend and I've been looking (unsuccessfully) for jazz jams aswell :)

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom