All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Hello

RetroSax

I look forward to learning from all of you. I had not played my alto sax for forty some years, but decided to start playing again recently for fun. I found a great teacher and a great sax. But I have my original sax, The Martin, SN 219XXX, that, for some unknown reason, is missing its neck. Any ideas on how to get a replacement would be appreciated. RetroSax

Greg Strange

I look forward to learning from all of you. I had not played my alto sax for forty some years, but decided to start playing again recently for fun. I found a great teacher and a great sax. But I have my original sax, The Martin, SN 219XXX, that, for some unknown reason, is missing its neck. Any ideas on how to get a replacement would be appreciated. RetroSax
Welcome RetroSax,

An old Martin...nice...a bit of Art Pepper there...

For a replacement neck try "googling" vintage saxes and something should pop up - try Junkdude.com from Pickington, Ohio, the owner Dave Hoskins may be able to help or put you on to sombody perhaps, if he can't.

Happy saxophoning.

Greg S.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Necks are, in general, hard to find. They go missing, get damaged beyond repair. You probably need to find an aftermarket 'upgrade'. You might get one from Phil Barone. And it'll probably have to be fitted by your tech. Necks have a big effect on sound, so shop around. Beware of overpriced guys flogging bling at extortionate prices with sound enhancing weights and the like.

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff©, Retrosax.

From the average age on this board, we are all retro.>:)

ENJOY!

Taz

Busking Oracle
Welcome back to the sax, I hope you find the elusive neck that your after, and welcome to the cafe.

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom