All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Hello

Squeeker

Hi, new member signing on. Played clarinet for a couple of years in the late 60s as schoolboy. Really not a cool thing to do then so it fizzled out as the teens approached, and the sax was out of range.
Kids grown up, more time, better discipline and now want to play the sax for pleasure- mine that is, not others!

I think I am doing great, so thats all that counts for now, I can just hear the shudders out there ..... bad habbits, no teacher etc, but I must say - the tuition books are so much better now, complete with my own backing band on cd.

Must say, very grateful to sites like this and the internet for rapid access to info and advice.

I will no doubt be back, with many a question.....

Ian, aged 56 2/3

Justin Chune

Hi Ian welcome to the cafe. I'm glad you are enjoying your sax. The music books are much better these days and there was nothing like them around in the 60s. I enjoy playing the clarinet as well as sax.

Jim.

trimmy

One day i will...
Hi Ian

Another late starter here, although i do have 5yrs more youth on my side >:) welcome to the cafe a great bunch on here and occasionally you do learn something !!

Enjoy your journey :)

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff©, Ian.

Two of Mr Sax's inventions are individually better than the liquorice stick.

ENJOY!​™

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Morning Ian.
Let us know what you're playing and the sort of music that interests you.
Welcome from a snow covered wonderland on the side of Ilkley Moor.
Andy

MLoosemore

Deluded Senior Member...
Hi from me, another ageing learner with no tutor. Surprised myself how far I have progressed from zero skill to somewhere approaching 2 per cent :) It can be done, keep the faith

ChrisC

Lots of new members here and I have received plenty of good advice - Im an old hand at the sax now, must have had mine oooooooh 3 weeks? :D

A friendly bunch indeed

Profusia

Welcome Ian. You'll find quite a few people similar to yourself in here in that they played something early in life and are now returning to music late in life via the sax (myself included). After the mid-life crisis is over we turn to sax for our late life crisis. Enjoy the forum.

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom