All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

hello

mich123

Hello everyone, newbie here, I have been playing the soprano sax for about years and have just purchased a Jupiter SAS 767. I come from a classical clarinet background and then started playing folk fiddle in pub sessions and have never had a saxophone lesson :shocked: so goodness only knows what i sound like!!!!!!!! I do play in a band and they haven't thrown me out:)

mich123

its great to have a new musical instrument at the age of 47

:):) I have a new alto sax to annoy my household with :D along with the soprano sax and folk fiddling that i do :)its exciting, its bigger than a soprano, and the mouthpiece is huge:D and the dog howls along too when i play. Yesterday I was playing english morris tunes on it!

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Hi MiIch

Welcome to the cafe, I have been playing sop for about a year, and had lessons but still a long way to go:)

Jx

My dog howls too

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Re: its great to have a new musical instrument at the age of 47

Hi Mich

Welcome to the forum. I've merge these threads as they're very similar. Have fun here.

old git

Tremendous Bore

Welcome to the caff©, Mich.

Many of us have arrived here via the folk route. See you've got Maths A Levels. 123, stop showing off. >:)

ENJOY!​™

navarro

Hi mich and welcome, I hope you were suitably attired playing the Morris tune and of course the dog. Question, how do you do a morris dance and play a soprano at the same time. Best regards N:D

Taz

Busking Oracle

Welcome to the Cafe, Northampton is one of my favorite busking haunts! I don't do Morris though :w00t:

rudjarl

Senile Member. Scandinavian Ambassadour of CaSLM

hi mitch, welcome to the cafe:)

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm

Hi Mich,
It's great to play tunes written for other instruments on sax. Bluegrass banjo tunes get my tonsils in a twist.
Hearty welcome from Ilkley Moor.
Andy

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyrografix

Senile Member

Hi!

Welcome from sunny Scotland.
My dogs howl when I play too - the combination of dogs and sax sounds a bit like bagpipes!
Cheers,

Amanda

hey there Mitch what about you... i just tagged up yesterday too so it s good to know im not the only newbie round here with a shiny new devils contraption nice to hear the dog just howls if it starts growling run....... have fun friend
Mad Jimmy:old:

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom