All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Hello

Yanisaxaddict

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum just though I'd introduce myself. I'm a Tenor / Soprano Player from Ireland.. Play a lot of Jazz / Blues / Rock / RnB / Pop / Soul / Afro-Beat :).. pretty much anything that can be played on a Saxophone actually.

Current Player Setup ..

Yanagisawa T901 with Yani HR 7 mpc / Yani Metal 7 mpc - Reed - La Voz MH reeds
Yanagisawa T991 Un - Lacquered with Yani HR 7 mpc / PPT 7* & Rovner Star Lig - Reed - La Voz MH reeds
Antigua Soprano - With stock lig and La Voz Medium hard reeds

This is a pretty great site.. very informative :)

Yanisaxaddict

Thanks Sunray, I find all the Yani's very reliable. They feel good and sound good their also very versatile. I'm thinking of getting another mpc though. What are your thoughts on the Francois Louis signature sphere T285. Has anyone played one of these pieces. I'm probably in the wrong forum actually!! So please forgive me if I am. Also does anyone know if the Rovner Star Series regular Tenor lig will fit a FL mpc ? I have a chap in the UK who's sending me a FL to try and I don't think my XL FL lig will fit it.. I don't want to have to buy another lig again !!

Sunray

I luv em ... [Yanni's that is] :)

I have An Alto A992 and a T9932J Tenor ... [I try to fondle them both equally most days ... :eek:

I have been thinking about a Soprano, but It may be too early for me to get one, I can wait a while yet ...

:thumb: I have the GAS under control ... :))) [For now] ...

Afraid I can't help on the Ligs mate ...

I do have some Rovner's [Dark, Light and an Eddie Daniels Versa] But I still prefer metal ligs ...

For metal mouthpieces I use Rico H-Ligature's on both my Alto and Tenor, works fine ...

Cheers mate ...

Yanisaxaddict

Thanks Sunray, I'm sure I'll come up with a solution.. I'll need to raid my studio there has to be something that will fit... Hey great setup's :)

Sunray

Actually Sunray, what do you think of the Yani HR stock mpc's ??
I have a 7 HR & 7 Metal for Alto

A 7 HR - 8 HR & 8 Metal for Tenor ...

All are my favourite Mouthpieces ... :thumb:

I find the HR's a real sweet and easy blow ...

The Metal seems louder more punchy ... And most comfortable ...

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom