All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Hello

Grib

Hi, I am new to the forum and indeed to the saxophone. After playing trumpet to grade 5 at school (sadly a long long time ago), I have decided to have a go at the saxophone and have bought a Yamaha YAS-25 alto. I have had a look around the forum and it seems a great place - looking forward to having all my dumb questions answered!

Fraser Jarvis

Hi Grib, like you i played Trumpet at school, many, many,many, years ago (back in the early 70s) in fact!.... then the Stray Cats happened, and guess what? ... i wanted to be Brian Setzer, but that never happened so i became a sax player, never looked back...good look!!!

Pyrografix

Senile Member
Welcome aboard! I have a trumpet, but as yet haven't got round to mastering it (at the moment its on The List, but falls below the sax family and my recently acquired harp!) Plenty of encouragement and advice available here - some to be taken with a pinch of salt! Look forward to hearing how you're getting on.

Cheers,

Amanda

Sunray

Hey Hey Grib ...

Welcome to the Cafe mate ...

I hope you enjoy your stay here as much as I do ...

Loads to read and learn, nice bunch of people ... :thumb:

Have fun ... ;}

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff©, Grib.

Would you like lessons during TT and MGP weeks? Just trying for a freebie.;}

ENJOY!

TomMapfumo

Hi Grib!

A Big Welcome to the Cafe from the Skabertawe horn collective down by yer in Wales, mind! Your compatriot, Paul, will hopefully rear his head at some point to say hi - recent Newbie from IOM. My main axe is a Trumpet, though Alto Sax is a close second. What sort of music are you interested in playing on sax?

Anyway I look forward to getting to know about your playing and all about music life on IOM.
Kind regards
Tom

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Welcome to the cafe Grib

I am sure you will have all your questions answered;}

Enjoy your sax

Jx

GsySaxMan

Hi Grib,

Welcome to the Cafe from another islander, Guernsey.

Hope you have a few more teachers on your island that we do, a few players but only 1 real teacher and he's booked solid so I am thinking of having a few lessons on Skype with Steve Neff who is a fine sax educator.

I have been playing for 11 months now and moved from a YAS-275 to a YTS-275 a few months back as I prefer the sound and I find it an easier blow - apart from a warbly middle G and a stuffy middle D, which I am working on!

The cafe is a great resource with some very knowledgeable and giving players, so like me I am sure you will a lot of interesting stuff and support.

Happy blowing!!

Cheers,

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
Hi Grib, welcome to the cafe, enjoy your time here and if you want to know something then just ask and someone will always try and help.

Chris

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Just thought, we have another member here who lives on the island - Paul Inglis. Might be worth dropping him a PM.

trimmy

One day i will...
Welcome to the cafe Grib :) enjoy your stay

Would you like lessons during TT and MGP weeks? Just trying for a freebie.;} ENJOY!

What a cheeky good idea :lb: we could have a forum meet of sax, bikes and beer, perfect :thumb:

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Hi Gribb

Welcome aboard hope you enjoy the cafe lots of useful advice available on all sorts of stuff,you've got a great sax to start on,my first bit of advice would be to try and avoid the gas it can seriously damage you wallet for conformation you can contact your local Island sax blower Paul Inglis who will be able to enlighten you on this phenomenon...all the best...john

Top Bottom