All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Hello

Tim

Hi; My name is Tim, I have had 64 lessons. Coming along! Wish I did this a long time ago! Petes info is outstanding! I play a Yamaha 62-2 tenor and a Selmer M-6. The 6 was made in 1956. It is outstanding! I hope I can get better at this before I kick the can? Tim

VirusKiller

Hi Tim and welcome to the forum. That's a nice pair of horns you have, presumably quite different sounding.

Pete - maybe you could split out Tim's post to a new thread?

Sunray

Welcome mate ...

Hey Hey Tim ...

Glad you found the Cafe ...

Loads of friendly help around if you need it - but after 64 lessons, I guess you getting on fine mate ... :sax:

Well done ...

PS - What did the can ever do to deserve a good kicking? - Leave it alone mate at least for another thirty or forty years anyway ... ;}

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff, Tim.

You will soon be verbally assaulted by the Bauhaus-Walstein and Mauriat Owners Clubs who will explain that your Mk Vl is rubbish. It is all meant to be a gentle leg pull so I won't tell you about it.

ENJOY!

johnboy

Welcome aboard Tim,

They are a great bunch of guys here, so join in and enjoy yourself.

John

Sweet Dreamer

I Tim,

I'm jealous of all your lessons. Truly I am. I've had zero lessons because there are no saxophone teachers in my area. Although, I should say that I've had zero LIVE lessons. I am using John O'Neill's Jazz Method book and CD. So I guess that qualifies as "lessons" of sorts. I also have a DVD that taught me how to take the sax out of the case, play four notes, and put it back into the case.

I play an alto sax. Or I guess I should say that I'm trying to learn how to play an alto sax.

Welcome to the cafe.

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Hi Tim

Here's wishing you seasonal greetings and welcome to the cafe,I hope your really enjoying your saxes and like the banter in the cafe....john

saxyman

Welcome Tim,
you will gain a lot from here, if you can take the ribbing.
Seriously, a great site with some great members.
Dave

Tim

Thanks guys! My horns. I was told by a concert pianist to buy the very best instruments you can afford when my kids started music in their schools. My son was a pro drummer. He recorded for Ron Howard some years ago. Family came along plus he did not like the drug scene with the studio people. He still plays and I am trying to get a group together. We could call it the old people with 1 young guy? LOL Oh yeah, I live in Arizona US where we enforce the law! Tim

TomMapfumo

Hi Tim,

Welcome to the Cafe from the Skabertawe Horn Section down by yer in South Wales - tidy place, mind, look you boyo! Glad to hear that you have had a number of lessons, and bought some decent instruments to play on. Hope you have a great time here, and look forward to your contributions!

Kind regards
Tom:cool:

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom