All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Hello!

Gallen

Hi everyone,
Just popping by to say hello. Got my saxophone about 2 months ago, but only found the time to started learning it a few weeks back. It's fun, I managed a really bad rendition of Edelweiss today XD

This is my setup:
Hanson SA5
Vandoren AL4
Reeds vary - currently trying a Hemke 2 reed, and was on Vandoren 2's before.

Cheers!

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Hi Gallen

Welcome to the cafe, enjoy your new sax journey it's all great fun...john

Justin Chune

Good morning Gallen, and welcome to the cafe. Those Hanson saxes get a good name. I can manage bad renditions of more tunes than that.

Jim.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Big hello from me as well. Have fun, join in and let your hair down - if you have any...

old git

Tremendous Bore
;}Welcome to the caff, Gallen.
(Come on YC, if you are going to nick my byline, at least spell it correctly.) ;}

Interesting user name, from which I deduce that either you like beer or we can find you in the Voters' Register under Allen.

ENJOY!

post script:-A good rendition of Edelweiss is impossible. ;}

Last edited by a moderator:

Young Col

You're all lucky. My hi-tech keyboard is so sensitive it usually churns out things like caffffff...

BigMartin

Welcome, Gallen.

I'm with OG, the first thing you need is some better tunes to play >:).

Cheers

Martin

johnboy

Hi & welcome Gallen, from sunny but cold (only 19deg. in the lounge today) Spain.

Enjoy the forum, especially the humour, and ask loads of questions (the older ones on here need something to keep their minds occupied).

John.

TomMapfumo

A Big welcome from the Skabertawe horn section down by 'ere in Wales! I look forward to your contributions to the Forum over the coming weeks and months, and do feel free to ask for any help required. I assume that you use a ligature as well as other equipment!
Useful to stop the reed falling off the mouthpiece.

What music are you most interested in learning to play? As long as you put in a reasonable bit of practice throughout the week you should make good progress.

Kind regards
Tom:cool:

Rikki

Hi Gallen (love the name!)

A warm welcome and enjoy! Let us know how you progress, and keep asking questions!!!

Regards Rikki

Gallen

Hi again everyone! Thank you very much for the warm welcome :)

@old git: that is my regular forum username :)

@TomMapfumo: Ah, forgot about the lig! I'm just using the lig that came with my sax, I think it's a B&G ligature? I'm thinking of maybe getting one of those fancy Francois Luis ligs for xmas, mainly because the single screw seems easier to setup and align vs the lig I've got. Would that be prudent?

Music wise I am hoping down the line to play disney music, and smooth jazz. Currently am reading/going through "The Jazz Method For Saxophone" by O'Neil. Hopefully in the coming year, I may be able to find an instructor - can't do so with certain work commitments. Practice wise, I aim to do about 15 minutes a day, if I get home early, else I just do breath practice on a silencer.

Here goes me back to lurking :)

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom