SYOS

Hello!!!

izzy_tenor_sax

Hi, my name is Izzy, I'm 15 years old. I've been playing the tenor sax for about a year now. I did grade 6 last term and I have my grade 7 exam in 2 weeks time.

I also play the clarinet and piano, and it was after taking grade 8 on the clarinet last July that I took up the sax.

:)

Taz

Busking Oracle
Hi Izzy and welcome to the cafe, it looks like we may be comming to you for some advice.

Ben Cain

Hi Izzy,
Welcome to the cafe. Congrats on your musical chievements so far and best of luck with the Grade 7. I am taking Grade 5 tenor in 2 weeks, a bit to go to reach your exalted heights.
Ben

RedBottom

Honestly, just when you get to the point where an old gel thinks she's doing alright (got a clean top F# this morning - thanks Tom), along comes some jumped up kid with this Grade 7 business and puts everyone to shame!

Seriously, though, Izzy, well done, good on yer, and welcome to the forum!

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Hello izzy

Well done with your grade 6 and all the best for the 7.I'm surprised a young lady like yourself has chosen the tenor,a fabulous sound it makes I know but don't you find it very heavy.I mainly play alto and when I try my tenor it feels a big heavy beast,maybe I'm a whimp.

Looking forward to you teaching us old fogies a thing or two...john

OP
izzy_tenor_sax

izzy_tenor_sax

I suppose compared to alto it would be heavy, but as I just went staright to tenor I don't find it particularly heavy. I don't really play it for more than an hour at a time, and if I do then I do some of it sat down anyway.

And I chose tenor instead of alto because I wanted to take up the sax to join the school jazz band which had lots of alto players but only one other tenor player, so I was more likely to get in!

Top Bottom