All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Hello, new here.

RandomFX

Hey all, I'm totally new here, been playing (well making noise with.) off and on for 10 years, but I am horrible, and not all that knowledgeable. I used to be semi not as horrible, but stopped playing for years and obviously lost my embrochure and probably didn't do my instruments any good, though they still look and feel beautiful, they do not do what I want them to do, so obviously it is something mechanical and wrong..... anyways, hope to stay around for awhile, and gain some wisdom. thank you.

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Welcome to the cafe, I'm sure you're not really horrible are you??:shocked:

Jx

Pyrografix

Senile Member
Welcome to the Madhouse! What do you use to make these so-called horrible noises?
Cheers,

Amanda

RandomFX

Welcome to the cafe, I'm sure you're not really horrible are you??:shocked:

Jx
Oh yes I really am....I get into it a bit, I make ok noises, but no skill at all really. actually just today someone did say I was "Friggin awesome" (I never got that before from anyone.) but honestly, I just play, I don't really do songs or such.

I play mostly the Tenor, but also get on my alto and sop periodically. Mostly the tenor though.

Tony sales

hi,i just joined this forum myself,although i been playing sax in bands for thirty years
you probably have a few air leaks if its been sitting around for a while, when you get some time, with a rizla rolling paper,insert it into each key pad and gently close the pad if its an open one,then go to the front,back,sides of the pad gently pulling the rizla,if there is a uniform resistence when dragging the rizla out the key is closing nicley,if it slides out to easy the pad is not sealing at that point and needs adjusting,also look for deteriorated pads or splits in the leather ,it takes some time but can get your instrument playing again,and thus ,a smile back on your face,,best luck,,and get back on the sax.....tony

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff©, RandomFX.

I can assure you that you sound better than me. (Should that read "I"?)

ENJOY!​™

saxman80

Hi, welcome to the cafe, nowadays i think horrible is the new good ! or am i being misguided again by my 11 year old son?:)

sushidushi

Mine's an espresso
Welcome!

Over here in Ontario, random (without the FX) is the latest mot du jour. I think it can mean pretty much anything (except random).

saxman80

Welcome!

Over here in Ontario, random (without the FX) is the latest mot du jour. I think it can mean pretty much anything (except random).

I think all the kids on the planet are on the same wave length, with one objective to confuse all the olds:confused:

Bigtwin

Welcome.

There's nothing random here.

Elenor! Your wallpaper's ready! Be a love and squeeze a giraffe will you?

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom