support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hello from York

Jellybabybex

Hi,

I'm new so thought I'd introduce myself, I'm Becci.

I originally played the clarinet and recorder from being a youngster, then started singing and playing the piano, then halfway through my music degree I decided to take up tenor sax too!

The sax spent much of the first few years of its life languishing in the back of the cupboard (maybe my final year at uni wasn't the best time to try and learn a new instrument!), but now I help with a youth swing band near York with my old clarinet teacher so it was about time I learnt to play it instead of making it up! ;}

Hello Becci from over the seas and far away or something like that.... of course as you will note all good sax players played clarinet at first, :thankyou::thankyou: but I know you will enjoy the Cafe and playing the Sax.
Richard

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the warm welcome, I'm looking forward to hanging around when I should be working, and getting to know you all a little better (and picking up your hints of course!).
:welldone

Hi ya

Welcome to the forum. I'm a newbie too and whilst I never learnt the clarinet, I was a dab hand on the old descant recorder as a kid! Perhaps we can give each other moral support as we allegedly learn to tame the saxophone beasts eh?

HI Becci

HI
I am a veteran of 5 months on tenor. So for goodness sake don't ask for my advice, I just try to learn from the very helpful people here. Lots and lots of sound advice and don't be afraid of asking question no matter how daft it seems.
Had my latest lesson earlier today, trying to master my exam peices for 2 weeks time. Grade 5 my teacher has me doing. Works me harder that I work all week.
Anyway, best of luck and enjoy the pleasurable torture of learning the sax.
Ben

York… ahhhhh…. I do miss York….. that’s one of the places I miss visiting since moving to the land of the long white cloud. Beautiful buildings, quirky little bookshops, tea rooms… good English beer and fish ‘n’ chips………. All that history!:(

York… ahhhhh…. I do miss York….. that’s one of the places I miss visiting since moving to the land of the long white cloud. Beautiful buildings, quirky little bookshops, tea rooms… good English beer and fish ‘n’ chips………. All that history!:(

It is beautiful. Funnily enough, I didn't notice how lovely it was until I moved away and then came back! I am lucky though, the only two places I have lived in (other than as a toddler) are York and Edinburgh - in my opinion two of the most beautiful places in the world! :welldone

Back
Top Bottom