support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hello from the USA

phooesnax

Good Morning Folks,

My name is Jim <phooesnax is a sxramble of saxophone>.

I have played since high school, starting in the sophmore year. I also enjoy working on horns from time to time. I have a quite afew repad under my belt including one I did for a friend that was a 20s Conn alto. I am particularly proud of that achievement since it used the correct reso pads, had rolled tone holes and plays awesome.

In the horn closet I have

-A holton bari....looks more like bad plumbing. It is an interesting horn from the 1925...has a three octave pip arrangement and springy keywork. I it somewhat quirky but will whisper down to Bb is you need it to.

-Buescher Soprano in Silver plate. I love this horn. Oringinal snap in pad system is there and it plays in tune with a Lakey mouthpiece. Engraving is very sharp.

-Martin Indiana Tenor stencil....Work in progress.

-Bundy alto in Silver plate... work in progress.

-BundyII also. This was new old stock and I started playing it in the late 90s. Bundys can be A OK if they are set up right....

AND....Coming sooon.... Bauhuas Walstein Low A Bari!!! Yipeee

I play mostly with a volunteer Big Band that does only charity gigs.

I need to conquer this improv thing...I will someday.

Anyway... I am looking forward to meeting the group and reading the forum.

Thanks Jim
phooesnax

Last edited by a moderator:
I can throw a few turns into a melody but have buddies that could tread water for hours.... I think I would sooo enjoy being able to do that. someday I guess.

Best Regards and thanks so much for the welcome....only 430pm here haha.

Yep, This one was sold to me by a now deceased friend from the band. I have never played one that is so forgiving. If the keywork was a littel nicer then it would be perfect. Buescher did allot right with the True Tone in the 20s. Must have been quite a time.

It is funny because the news here laments the loss of the RV industry in Elkhardt IN.....they forgot all about the music band instrument industry now gone.

Best

¡Hola! Jim, welcome to the BR from Spain. Plenty of horns there ... I'm only 18 months into my first sax (alto) ... nobody knows what I'm trying to play except me (and sometimes I'm not sure!). Have fun here ...

that's awesome.... thank you for the welcome. I like this forum allot more than the other place.....

Hi Jim, welcome to the BR....is there another place? >:) I like your list of horns, I been playing for about 5 years and have three. An Earlham alto (very much a student model but still a nice horn, an Amati tenor (my horn of choice) and a Dearman tenor that is also a work in progress. It dates from the 20's and was stenciled by Rampone and Cazzani. Should be a nice horn if I can get it right!

Hi Jim and welcome. Nice list of horns - I am a bit of a Merkin sax fan, having just swapped a battered 1958 Conn 10M for a 6 month old Cannonball Raven - which has more bling than a '58 Cadillac, but still a great sax.

Back
Top Bottom