All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Hello from The Pool of Life ( Liverpool that is )

trimmy

One day i will...
Hi
Just found this site, had a little mooch about and here i am now registered, a member of another forum, also on (406 coupe.com and Abrsm)
I am a late starter (very late 48 :shocked:) to Alto sax, but i am enjoying it so much :) i just wish i had started many moons ago :( but as the saying goes " Better late than never "
I will hopefully pick up a lot of tips when reading through the threads

Kev

Filton

Hi, from way down on the south coast from a late 're-starter' on Tenor.

Plenty of help here to get you moving so don't be afraid to ask if you can't find the answers you are looking for.

Most of all remember to enjoy the journey !

Larn

Hi Trimmy/Kev welcome to the forum nothing wrong with late starters (something about good tunes on old altos)

Mark.

Young Col

Hi Kev.
That's not late at all. Plenty of us here in their late 50's, 60s, before we had time to learn seriously! You'll find it addictive. What alto do you play?
Be nice to the other Kev on here, from Germany. He's a moderator and that nice Mr Thomas who owns the site is away.
YC

trimmy

One day i will...
Hi Kev.
That's not late at all. Plenty of us here in their late 50's, 60s, before we had time to learn seriously! You'll find it addictive. What alto do you play?
YC
My children bought me my sax as a 2009 xmas present, it is a Stagg, don't know if they are a good make but my teacher says it has a nice sound and when he plays it, it does sound great :)

Thanks all for the warm welcomes :)

Sunray

Hey Hey Kev ...

Welcome to the Cafe mate ...

So who's your favorite player(s) and what's your favorite music styles ... [Jazz, Blues, Rock etc]

If you know what I mean ...

*Sunray waves from Norfolk, UK*

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff©, Kev.

We are all late starters here, never up before midday and all working on our nightclub pallor. BTW:-Do not get confused with Kev the Moderator. He has just got out of jail for killing the last flamer.

ENJOY!

trimmy

One day i will...
Welcome to the Cafe mate ...

So who's your favorite player(s) and what's your favorite music styles ... [Jazz, Blues, Rock etc]

If you know what I mean ...

*Sunray waves from Norfolk, UK*
Once again thanks for the welcome guys/gals

Got a few faves as players Stan Getz just awesome, and i love the sound of Grover Washington jr, type of music i want to aim for is Jazz/blues R&b

Taz

Busking Oracle
Welcome to the cafe Kev. I see your allready finding you way around the site!! Enjoy yourself.

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Hi Kev

Welcome to the cafe from up the 62 in manc land,not a manc myself so don't worry,I'm a pudlian like you but black rather than liver, the correct terminology is actually Sangrownun...all the best ...john

trimmy

One day i will...
Cheers John

We seem to have a bit in common, both started the sax late and both cab drivers(that's if you are a real cab driver and not a private hire driver) :D

tommy

Hi trimmy am from the pool too hope you doing well on ya sax whos ya teacher and how long you been taking lesson . Am from Walton been playing me alto 4 just over a year with me teacher who is Brian Jones from the Undertakes hope to chat more Tommy

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Cheers John

We seem to have a bit in common, both started the sax late and both cab drivers(that's if you are a real cab driver and not a private hire driver) :D
Yep 23yrs hackney but not for much longer I think, the cab trad is in terminal decline in M/C.I believe the locals are much more cab minded over there in the Pool,hope your doing aright...john

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom