All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

hello from the Cotswolds...

akirk

Bimbling along...
Have recently bought a sax as I have always wanted to learn it - another in their forties!
Have a background in music - but mainly brass (tuba & trumpet!), so air production is not too much of an issue! but lots of new things to learn... tubas only have a couple of valves and this lump of metal you blow into...

Alasdair

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Big welcome from me. Couple of other people here playing brass as well as sax. HAve fun.

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Hi Alasdair,
Welcome to the cafe. Saxes are much sexier than the tuba. Play responsibly!
Andy

Last edited by a moderator:

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff©, Alasdair.

Is that fantastic pub still at the top of the Stanstead blind valley? Wish I had enough loot to live in the village, no problems getting home from the pub, just roll.

ENJOY!​™

akirk

Bimbling along...
thank you :) at least with the sax you get some notes to play!

Alasdair

Pyrografix

Senile Member
Hi Alasdair,

Welcome from a bit further north. Lots of notes to play, not necessarily in the order they appear on the sheet music!

Enjoy,

Cheers,
Amanda

MellowD

Lost In Theory
Welcome Alasdair

Only been here just over a month myself and finding the camaraderie an excellent place to be. Learned more here in a short time than any book has given me - laymans terms are abundant and concise thankfully for my small brain.

Look forward to seeing you posting around.

navarro

Hi Alisdair and welcome good advice and lot`s of fun here..

For a short period of time my family had a residence in Chilton, loved the Cotswold's but the locals did not take kindly to a student as I then was.

If I remember rightly we had a thatched haunted manse right opposite, purported to be in days gone by the Bishop of Readings summer retreat. (I don`t think there is B.O.R. anymore.)

I used to spend hours every evening staring from my bedroom window to see if I could get a glimpse of the hauntee who had been sighted in various guises grey lady, cowled monk and his Bishopship himself. The only thing I ever saw was a cat sitting on a window ledge. Best Regards The Exorcist N.

akirk

Bimbling along...
thank you for the warm welcome - not sure there is anything haunted around here - though reputedly a ghost wanders up and down a local garden - but the owners have never seen it! Maybe now that I am attempting to play the sax there might be more 'sightings'!

Alasdair

TomMapfumo

Hi Alasdair!

As someone who also started in their 40's (and trumpet and trombone) a Big Welcome to Cafe Sax. I recently bought a CD which just featured Tenor Sax, Tuba and Voice - good stuff: here is exerpt FWIW http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NywRUqoA1I . Hope you enjoy being a member here!

Kind regards
Tom

Last edited by a moderator:

akirk

Bimbling along...
Thank you Tom - interesting combination & video - will have to check out the CD.

regards

Alasdair

tengu01

Hey Alisdair,

Welcome to the forum. Well, with your brass background, air support shouldn't be a problem for you :)

(I tried the trumpet quite a few years ago and was roundly defeated by it)

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom