All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Hello From Texas!

Bradc972

Howdy Folks!

I played in high school and some college then took a long break. Back at it for about a year now!

It's been awesome getting back into it, it is coming back to me faster than I thought it would.

-brad

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Hi Brad. Good to see you here. Have fun in the cafe, lots of restarters....

What're you playing? tenor, alto, or something more exotic?

navarro

And howdydedo to you Brad. great advice and fun here, but no lone stars . Welcome and best regards N.

Denton and the University of North Texas is just down the road from you, in case you need refresher courses! You're never too old to get the chops back -- best of luck and send a message if you're headed toward Austin at some point. I'll hook you into the local jams. Frankly, I need backup. Too many guitarists per square foot...........

Howdy Folks!

I played in high school and some college then took a long break. Back at it for about a year now!

It's been awesome getting back into it, it is coming back to me faster than I thought it would.

-brad

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Subscriber
Denton and the University of North Texas is just down the road from you, in case you need refresher courses! You're never too old to get the chops back -- best of luck and send a message if you're headed toward Austin at some point. I'll hook you into the local jams. Frankly, I need backup. Too many guitarists per square foot...........
This side of the pond we don't always understand the distances involved in the US, even within states. I've just looked it up and you're about 230 miles apart - which is about the same from where I live (north Shropshire - a bit south of Chester) to say Glasgow in Scotland....

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
This side of the pond we don't always understand the distances involved in the US, even within states. I've just looked it up and you're about 230 miles apart - which is about the same from where I live (north Shropshire - a bit south of Chester) to say Glasgow in Scotland....
And this is just Britain. Think about distances in Europe...

Welcome Brad. It is never too late to evolve to tenor.>:)

By the time our state highway department gets done, all the side roads will be at least 70 mph, so we tend to feel closer to our destinations.......

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
By the time our state highway department gets done, all the side roads will be at least 70 mph, so we tend to feel closer to our destinations.......
We have Autobahns... Many without speed limits :w00t: Good fun being in the overtaking lane in a landrover at about 100KmH (60MPH) when a Porsche/Audi/BMW/Merc comes screaming up behind you at two to three times your speed and you've nowhere to go... Some of them get really annoyed and start flashing/beeping, but when you're overtaking an artic how do you get out of their way? Go underneath? I think not...

Bradc972

I am currently taking lessons from last years lead alto from the 1 o'clock, he's a doctoral student now so I should be able to stay with him for a while. He's an amazing player and a great teacher even though he is 12 years younger than I am! That's some humble pie right there :)

It will be a while before I am gig ready but thanks for the offer!

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom