support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hello from Sunny Lancashire

paolomuzzo

Locality
Lancashire
Hi everyone, I've played Cornet and Trumpet for a number of years but I have always loved the look and sound of the Tenor Saxophone. I am listening to a lot of 50's and 60's British Jazz at the moment, particularly Tubby Hayes, Ronnie Scott, Jimmy Deuchar, Harry South etc.. Fantastic music, must have been an exciting time; I was born late 60's so a bit young to have witnessed it first hand. Enjoying getting a decent sound out of the instrument which surprised me. Looking forward to learning.

Welcome, You're lucky indeed to get a decent sound straight off. I guess breath support and voicing from the brass instruments must carry over to some extent.

Welcome to the Cafe and the saxophone.

Hi everyone, I've played Cornet and Trumpet for a number of years but I have always loved the look and sound of the Tenor Saxophone. I am listening to a lot of 50's and 60's British Jazz at the moment, particularly Tubby Hayes, Ronnie Scott, Jimmy Deuchar, Harry South etc.. Fantastic music, must have been an exciting time; I was born late 60's so a bit young to have witnessed it first hand. Enjoying getting a decent sound out of the instrument which surprised me. Looking forward to learning.
Welcome. I met Jimmy Deuchar’s daughter whilst on tour 5 years ago. She couldn’t believe I’d heard of him - “are you kidding?!”
Anyway, same notes, just need to translate it...

Welcome. I met Jimmy Deuchar’s daughter whilst on tour 5 years ago. She couldn’t believe I’d heard of him - “are you kidding?!”
Anyway, same notes, just need to translate it...
Yeah! "are you kidding indeed!". There appears to be a core group of players responsible for the sound of that era; Jimmy Deuchar, I think I am right in saying, seems to be one of them..

Yeah! "are you kidding indeed!". There appears to be a core group of players responsible for the sound of that era; Jimmy Deuchar, I think I am right in saying, seems to be one of them..
Yeah, wonderful player. I couldn’t believe she was his daughter and she couldn’t believe I’d heard of him (I was on a pop tour not jazz)

Yeah, wonderful player. I couldn’t believe she was his daughter and she couldn’t believe I’d heard of him (I was on a pop tour not jazz)
I know it isn't a common surname but you've got me curious as to how you came to meet her; I take it she plays or sings, does she?

I know it isn't a common surname but you've got me curious as to how you came to meet her; I take it she plays or sings, does she?
No, she came to see the gig. Married name of Lyons so no clue there. Am friends on Facebook.

Hi GaryF - I am in Leyland; moved here about 25 years ago from Wigan. So, as you may expect, I like Rugby League and Brass Bands :D as well as Sax.

nice! I’m over in Rochdale, born and bred :cool:

Back
Top Bottom