support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hello from Southern California

DigitalGuy

I've been lurking for awhile and finally signed up. My wife gave me an alto sax for my 50th birthday in December, and I'm slowly learning. I actually haven't gotten my own sax yet - we were at a relatives house, and we mentioned that's what she planned to give me, and they had a student sax that their son wasn't using, so I'm borrowing that until I decide what to get.

So, to learn, I've been reading stuff here, and bought Pete Thomas' DVD, got a couple of beginning sax music books, and started lessons. I'm only going to the lessons every couple of weeks, and I'm practicing about every other day. But, I've found that I'm coming along faster than I expected. I'm looking forward to continuing to learn more from all of you here.

Outside of learning the saxophone, I enjoy reading, organic gardening, cooking (I'm vegetarian, my wife's vegan), good beer (IPAs and Stouts), fine wine (cabernet, merlot, port), and great cigars (Fuente, Padron). I work in forensics - as a photographer and image/video analyst.

George

Welcome George from another newbie.
I too started with the superb dvd by pete thomas....sure you will find it very useful and this forum too.
Good luck

Hi George,

All the best people were born in December '59. I started 16 months ago and play every day, if I can. Like most things my ability does not quite match my enthusiasm but I'm enjoying the journey. Welcome, we are a friendly bunch.

Hi George, welcome to the cafe, I hope it's not too painful playing on someone else's sax whilst waiting for yours to arrive. Don't worry, yous will be here soon.
Enjoy it, and it'll enjoy you. (not sure what that means, but it sounds good) ;}

Welcome George. Enjoy it here and enjoy playing the sax. Age really doesn't matter.
As a fellow member, with OG , of the Croydon and Sarf Lunnun Massive I thought I was going to need a forensic scientist yesterday when I found a bloody fingerprint in the bedroom. Then I realised it was me during a nosebleed (too many high F's?) looking for a tissue. Sorry to disappoint everyone but I stopped it before I bled to death.
YC

Hi George, Welcome from sunny Manchester,The sax is an amazing thing, it seems the older you get the more you enjoy it, or maybe it's just that your hearing gets worse and you can't tell how bad it sounds. but who cares,ENJOY.....John

Hi Gladsaxisme,
I go to Manchester occasionally and call into a music shop near the China town, mostly guitars but with some sax stuff, (sorry have forgotten the name. Where do you shop for your saxophone essentialls and advice in the rainny city?

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom