support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hello from somewhere in britain

frankiejb59

Locality
uk
Hello. I've been playing sax since April this year. I migrated from playing bass guitar and found moving from string to woodwind a significant learning curve. I fell in love with the sax many years ago after i fell in love with blues and jazz. I have just bought my second saxophone, both tenor as i believe the tenor saxophone is the sexiest sounding instrument on the planet. I have a friend who lives a few flats away who plays alto. although he plays guitar more these days. I wish to stick to tenor as i think if i play just one range i will be better at it. perhaps some of you might disagree. :)

Hi somewhere. Tenor for me too. But there are plenty who'll disagree with us.

Have fun!

Hey Frankie, welcome to the cafe, from somewhere else in Britain. Small world eh!
Wait till you hear a baritone, you'll be wanting one of them too

Sorry folks, I just can't get enough of this tune!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and Welcome. Another Newbie (to the forum) here.

I love them all. I play alto mostly but love my Baritone. You might change your mind if you listen to Johnny Hodges on alto and Gerry Mulligan on Bari. They're both on this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4F0U2Y350Y

I defy anyone to not find that sound sexy.

I can't get on with the Tenor. I just can't make it sound like it's supposed to. I've just bought a curved soprano. Trying to not sound like KennyG lol.

I would love to play a Bass. I have a small collection of music by 1930's bands. I love the way Adrian Rollini plays. It really anchors the rhythm section. Way down Low.l

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrkFmeY2AB8&feature=BFa&list=AL94UKMTqg-9ARJmXNEkULf1A8612Gwyg4

Keep blowing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Frankie and welcome

Just started about the same time as yourself, but gone the bass route, also have a baritone, but the bass moves the earth for me - quite literally :thumb:

Hey Frankie, welcome to the cafe, from somewhere else in Britain. Small world eh!
Wait till you hear a baritone, you'll be wanting one of them too

Sorry folks, I just can't get enough of this tune!

I heard a jazz cd recently and itt had a quartet all playing sax from soprano to baritone. gorjus

Welcome to the caff©, Johnnie.

BTW:-How's Frankie?

ENJOY!™

Hey welcome to the cafe Frankie:)

Jx

Hi Frankie!

A Big Welcome to the Cafe from somewhere in Wales. Of course the tenor is the easiest sax to play, so ideal for beginners, hence kevvyG's experience, and why it is the most common sax when it comes to live and recorded performance. I hope that you have a great time here and I llok forward to your contributions.

Kind regards
Tom:thumb:

Hi welcome to the cafe Newbie here started playing last January Regds N.

Hi and welcome from somewhere else in Britain.

It won't be too long until you want the full set!!

Cheers,
Amanda

given the size of the damned things, i think respiratory failure would be the result of a whole day's playing on one. :)

Really? I would have though Alto would be easier. I picked tenor because it sounds so gorgeous.

Back
Top Bottom