Hello From SoCal

Sp8ctre

Hello All,

I'm Chris and I live out in Long Beach, CA. I guess I'm what they call a late bloomer on the Sax. I'm 59 and just starting out.

I had a Sax back in the mid 90's but never really got anywhere with it. There was no internet at the time so not much in the
way of instruction.

I've already dove in and bought both an Alto and Tenor Sax. I sure hope I learn quickly!

hedgehog

I love singletrack.
Subscriber
Welcome! Yes, you're jumping in with both feet. If I were starting out with alto and tenor, I'd be unsure what to do: focus on one or jump back and forth. What do you do?

OP
Sp8ctre

Sp8ctre

I plan to try them both out and see which one suits me. One may go into storage or get moved along? I guess I'll have to wait and see...

The Alto is in hand and the Tenor is in route. I have a 45 day return on the Alto, but the Tenor was used so it's mine unless I sell it.

JOESAX

Welcome! Yes, you're jumping in with both feet. If I were starting out with alto and tenor, I'd be unsure what to do: focus on one or jump back and forth. What do you do?
Best to do is start with tenor and get lessons as it gives you something to aim for then after a few months play about with the alto

Top Bottom