All fees from subs and sales are given to special needs music education charities
ArtistWorks

Hello from Scotland.

mp_mccarthy

Hello all, I am Matthew, currently living in Mallaig in the Highlands.
Started renting an Alto about 6 months ago after selling my French Horn, which I hadn't played in years.
Really love this instrument and I have found a love for practice that I never had with the horn. I also play drums in a community windband and swing band and will be playing sax with the band for the first time tonight!

Thanks to the contributors to the forum as it has been an invaluable reference source for me especially as wind teachers up here are few and far between!

nigeld

I don't need another mouthpiece; but . . .
Subscriber
Welcome. And good luck with the sax this evening.

GaryF

Welcome to the cafe. How did your inaugural Sax gig go?? Hope you enjoyed it

OP
M

mp_mccarthy

Thanks for the welcome. Practice was fine, working on new repertoire now so at least the music wasn't only new to me. I encountered some difficulty when both the 1st and 2nd alto parts were written on the same page, couldn't work out which notes to play!

StockholmSax

Hello all, I am Matthew, currently living in Mallaig in the Highlands.
Started renting an Alto about 6 months ago after selling my French Horn, which I hadn't played in years.
Really love this instrument and I have found a love for practice that I never had with the horn. I also play drums in a community windband and swing band and will be playing sax with the band for the first time tonight!

Thanks to the contributors to the forum as it has been an invaluable reference source for me especially as wind teachers up here are few and far between!
Welcome Braveheart

RobBari

Subscriber
Welcome!

and BTW check secondhand prices before you renew that rental contract.

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom