supportTutorialsCDsPPT mouthpieces

Hello from Romford

Micky

Hi all

I heard about Taming the Saxophone on Tuesday at my Saxophone Choir.
We had a Master class from Michael Parlett who showed us quite a lot of effects and told us about the web site and that we could find a lot of them on there.
And from there I linked to the Café Saxophone so here I am for the first time.

My interest in music started when I was young, learning the Piano from the age of 7 and then moving onto Trumpet in senior school playing in the Brass Band.
In my early 20’s I played Bass Guitar in a Rock & Roll band but them music took a bit of a back seat until comeing back to the Piano in my late 40’s.

I’d always fancied playing the Saxophone so for my 50th birthday my wife bought me my first sax a Buffet Evette Alto. After a couple of years I upgraded this to a Yanagisawa A901.
I got a Tenor a couple of years back but have never really got on with it; I much prefer to play the Alto, so a few weeks ago I went down to Sax.co and treated myself to what I consider to be the ultimate Saxophone a Yanagisawa A9932J. All I can say is WOW the ease of playing it and the tone are second to none.

I mentioned at the beginning my Sax Choir, I play Lead Alto with the Havering Saxophonics, Haverings only amateur Saxophone Choir which is open to anyone who plays the saxophone regardless of age or ability. The only criteria to join us is to "love to play the saxophone".

That’s all for now folks.
All the best
Mickey
;}

OP
M

Micky

Hope you get into the band, I found that playing with other people really helps your playing to progress.
We have only been together for about 18 months and done about 5 shows last year, at venues like town shows, really good fun.
We topped off last year with a Christmas party for family and friends and reckon we had close to 200 turn up, we had a disco and the Band done an hour slot during the evening, we even had a rhythm section for the gig.
All the best
Micky

OP
M

Micky

You've got it wrong old git its you thats the wrong side of the river.
Not sure if Essex girls are prepared to travel that far
Micky

TomMapfumo

Sut mae, Micky!

I too am an Alto preferee - love my Selmer ref54, but have a tenor and soprano if I'm desperate. I started at 48 (now 51) and have switched to button free tenor sax for the past 9 months (trombone), but enjoy the whole aspect of being a "Late Bloomer".

I live in Romford during the early 1980's so know a fair bit about Havering, including the -Atte-Bower bit!

Welcome and have a great time at the Caffi!
Kind regards
Tom:cool:

Ben Cain

Hi Micky

Welcom to the cafe. I live in Havering and would really like to join a sax choir. I play mainly tenor but also alto.

When and where do u meet?

Ben

thehunt

Hi Mickey, you sent me a Pm so i'll say hello officially. Hello and welcome to the forum. When Mike mentioned Pete thought good man, have been on this forum some time now, anyway as i said in my Pm will see you on Tuesday. Rgds Phil aka thehunt

Young Col

-Real Essex Girls- Put those mags down Bill or I'll be round with the Bromide.:shocked:
Welcome Micky to the mix of odd humour and excellent advice that is Caf Sax.
Colin

OP
M

Micky

Hi all
Good to get so many replies to my post. I've never had so many responses on other sires I've been on must be something to do with the company on here.
I guess I'll stay around for a long time.
All the best
Micky
:thankyou::thankyou::thankyou:

Rock Lobster

Hi Micky,
Speaking of Christmas shows, a local band up here in Newcastle, (The Lounge Lizards), have a Christmas show every year. They do the first set then become the house band in the second set. Local players and anyone else who wants to do a song, (max 2 per person), can join in the second half. Always ends up a rocking night full of surprises, so if you are ever in Newcastle at Christmas.....................

Top Bottom