All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
PPT Mouthpieces

Hello from Rich Maraday Viking Instruments

Viking Instruments

Hi My name is Rich Maraday and I play sax for a living as well as own a small saxophone brand called Viking Instruments that is growing in the states. Thanks for the opportunity to post on the Cafe Saxophone forum.

This is my little bio.[FONT='Times New Roman', Times, serif]Rich Maraday, owner of Viking Instruments, has been active over the years both in the studio and on the stage as a professional saxophonist across the nation. Rich has recorded three full length CDs that have all landed on the MP3 top ten smooth jazz charts. Tangle Room, The Passage, and When I Close My Eyes are all available for purchase on CDBaby.com. Rich also has a book/CD combo titled” Smooth Jazz for Saxophone” published by Music Minus One.
[/FONT][FONT='Times New Roman', Times, serif]Rich has also had the honor of performing live as a member and featured solo artist in the house band at the legendary Apollo Theater in Harlem, New York. He has played with such notable artists as Virgin Records recording artist Bill Perry Blues Band, Alive and Kicken, Papa Chubby, Jimmy Vavino, Joey Defancesco, Danny Brubeck, Richie Morales, Bernard Purdie, Harvie S, Joel Rosenblatt and Atlantic Records recording artists Rob Affuso, Sebastian Bach, and Snake of the popular band Skid Row. He has opened for such acts as Warren Zevon, Meatloaf, Delbert Mclinton, Room Full Of Blues, Johnny Copland, NRBQ and Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes. Rich has 20 plus years in the saxophone retail business working independently and also employed by USA HORN of NJ and Alto Music, running the Woodwind/Brass departments.[/FONT]

rhysonsax

Subscriber
Hi Rich, welcome from me too.

I almost bought a low Bb bari from you last year and you were very helpful with facts and advice. I've been watching the growth of your sax business with interest via SOTW and will probably succumb at some stage !

Rhys

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff©, Rich.

Always thought that Rich is a tough name to live up to.>:)

ENJOY!​™

navarro

Hi Rich and welcome to the Cafe. Good to see businesses prospering in this climate. Meatloaf, I met in London when I was involved in the Antique Furniture business we sold him a bow front Victorian chest of drawers for his house in Clapham (Or his agents I`m not sure.) A very unassuming gentleman and did not play on the I`m a star routine which sadly some of our previous customers did. (A lot of pop stars are into the antique/gothic thing.) You are going to have fun here. Best Regards. There is mingling in friendship when man can utter all his whole mind to another.(Norse/Viking proverb. N.

Top Bottom