support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hello from Peterborough

Melissa

Locality
Northamptonshire UK
I just want to say hi to everyone.I live near Peterborough and am learning to play the Tenor saxophone,I am not very good hehe,Though I can play,st james infirmary,night train and a few of the oldies,jazz,blues anything like that.

Hope to speak to you soon,I am putting in a request in the yard sale!

Mel :)

Hi Mel

Looks like I may be the first to welcome you to the cafe so welcome from sunny Manchester enjoy the forum..john

Welcome to the caff, Melissa.
I had ambitions to become the Soke of Peterborough, then I found out it was spelt differently.
ENJOY!

Hallo Melissa. Welcome from the Far Side - of Northamptonshire.

I'm going to be in Peterborough tomorrow, inspecting an old folks home.

No, not with the intention of taking up residence, although I am constantly being told that it is about time I did.......

Hi, Melissa, and a very warm welcome to the Cafe from the Skabertawe Button Free Tenor sax Collective...:w00t:;}

I'm more of an Alto man at time of going to press but still get the Tenor out for an extended play from time to time - too many buttons for me!
I hope you have a lovely time here and look forward to getting to know you. Why Tenor, particularly - be interested to know.

Kind regards
Tom:cool:

Hi Melissa, welcome to the cafe, also from the other side of Northamptonshire. Enjoy the tenor!

Hi, Melissa, and a very warm welcome to the Cafe from the Skabertawe Button Free Tenor sax Collective...:w00t:;}

I'm more of an Alto man at time of going to press but still get the Tenor out for an extended play from time to time - too many buttons for me!
I hope you have a lovely time here and look forward to getting to know you. Why Tenor, particularly - be interested to know.

Kind regards
Tom:cool:

Hi Tom,

I like the dark warm tones of the Tenor but it is a beastie to blow!my lip suffers horrendously:shocked:

I do have several alto's which i am having restored and I may well change to the alto once the first one is home again,a Kielwerth pennsylvania special~Penn special dumars :) with all keys in mop,rolled tone holes and an underslung octave key :D I have never played it but after the complete overhaul i'm told it shall be quite special! The Gentleman whom is restoring it advised it is quite a rarity!

Thank you for the welcome!

Hi Mel, and welcome to the Cafe :)

Hello Melissa

Just play the one like, sometimes the one, sometimes the other. As long as you like the feel of the instrument and get good at it. For all I know, you already are, but somewhat modest about it.

Hello Melissa,
Welcome to the forum, sounds to me like you are already well into the saxophone world in a big way.
Enjoy

Hey Melissa…

From a ex Derbyshire/Notts lad, now a Kiwi (trying to be)……… welcome and enjoy :)

Welcome to the cafe Melissa :) The tenor is my favorite as well.

You've found the right place - enjoy!

Hi Tom,

I like the dark warm tones of the Tenor but it is a beastie to blow!my lip suffers horrendously:shocked:

I do have several alto's which i am having restored and I may well change to the alto once the first one is home again,a Kielwerth pennsylvania special~Penn special dumars :) with all keys in mop,rolled tone holes and an underslung octave key :D I have never played it but after the complete overhaul i'm told it shall be quite special! The Gentleman whom is restoring it advised it is quite a rarity!

Thank you for the welcome!
Hi Mel

When you say mop keys do you mean every single key,if you do you really do have something special,I was fortunate to be shown one by my tech who had it in for an overhaul, your a very lucky girl:shocked:

Hi gladsaxisme,

yes it is the one,every key,pinky table,octave rest etc etc is mop,i shall send in pics when it arrives home,i really cannot wait!
Mel

Hi Mel

When you say mop keys do you mean every single key,if you do you really do have something special,I was fortunate to be shown one by my tech who had it in for an overhaul, your a very lucky girl:shocked:

Lucky you Melisa

I hope it plays as well as it looks,just out of interest where is it being overhauled...john:)

Hi John,

Well I have sent it to Roger Price Brass & Woodwind in Wales. -Very nice Gentleman indeed.
Lucky you Melisa

I hope it plays as well as it looks,just out of interest where is it being overhauled...john:)

Welcome Melissa!

It's funny that I first thought that you were from Peterborough (Ontario), Canada... I didn't know there was one in England... ;-)

Back
Top Bottom