All fees from subs and sales are given to special needs music education charities
SYOS

Hello from Norway

Mauriantigua

I just want to introduce myself. I'm a norwegian tenor and soprano player. I started playing alto in 1974, took up the tenor in 1976, and started on soprano about 2 years ago. As you probably can see from my user name, I play Mauriat 66 (tenor), and a new curved Antigua. I use Lebayle LR metal on tenor (waiting for a Lawton), and Yanagisawa metal on my soprano.

I hope I can use this forum to share and get ideas for my sax playing.

Thank you for your attention.

Young Col

Hi and welcome from a Mauriat alto player. I'm sure you will find lots of good advice and nice people here.

I've been to Norway twice, once was three years ago and by chance the Oslo jazz festival was on. Very nice!
YC

griff136

God dag og velkommen å frokosten rom

I too have spent some time in Norway - mainly when I was seving in the Royal Marines 3 months per year skiing (jan-Mar) every year from 1983-88 and then on and off until 2000.

TomMapfumo

Greetings from sunny South Wales, and a warm welcome to the Breakfast Room!:w00t:

Many of my musical heroes are Norwegian - Jan Garbarek, Nils Petter Molvaer, and Arve Henriksen to name a few, and inspire me in playing Sax and Trumpet respectively (can even mimic his flute like sounds on my cornet).

The Mauriat is currently "Tenor Sax of the Month", and has displaced the Bauhaus Walstein, albeit at 6x the price. Hope you enjoy playing it.

Kind regards
Tom ( also known as GeneGeneConWeriWeriWeriSelmerYaniYammiBauhausWallyFender the First!):cool:

Taz

Busking Oracle
Welcome to the BR, I hope you enjoy your time here and can offer some of us some good advice from your wealth of experience.

And if you wish, you can add your name and approximate location to the BR map (you get sent a link so you can see where all the other participating members are in the world)
Just let me know and Ill add you if you wish.
Taz

OP
Mauriantigua

Mauriantigua

God dag og velkommen å frokosten rom

I too have spent some time in Norway - mainly when I was seving in the Royal Marines 3 months per year skiing (jan-Mar) every year from 1983-88 and then on and off until 2000.
Takk for den hyggelige velkomsten! You remember some norwegian - that's nice.

Justin Chune

Hello, and a warm welcome to the breakfastroom from a rather chilly Edinburgh.

There is a significant Norwegian community here in Edinburgh, and every year on Constitution Day they have a great celebration. For many years I had the pleasure of playing with the band that accompanied them throughout the day.

The day began with a flag raising ceremony outside the Prestonfield House Hotel and then inside for a great breakfast. I've never seen so much strong drink consumed so early in the morning. Great innit? Breakfast is followed by a sing-song and then up to town for the parade. The parade sets off along Princes Street, the City's main street, and finishes at the Norwegian War Memorial in West Princes Street Gardens.

With all those colourful flags flying and the women and girls resplendent in National Dress it really is something to see.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim.

visionari1

......if you wish, you can add your name and approximate location to the BR map (you get sent a link so you can see where all the other participating members are in the world)
Just let me know and Ill add you if you wish.
Taz

Ok Taz, we out in the colonies would also like to be added to the BRmap......what's the chances....mate!?

Cheers & Ciao

Jimu

visionari1

:)
I want to go to Norway, but can't affjord it.

I met a couple of Norwegian girls on holiday in Cyprus once, and they were so easy..

to get on with :D

Welcome!

Welcome once again.......ahem Norwegian girls, yes I have a story about one.....too long and lovely to go into (in detail here!) ..... but..... I met her in Banff (Canada) we went hiking together and slept to the sound of a Bear snoring next to our tent! This was one of the rare occasions I didn't have me sax, not sure if the sax sound would scare or make attack advances from the Bear, good job I didn't find out!

Cheers & welcome again.

Jimu

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom