All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
PPT Mouthpieces

Hello from Monterey, California

Neal

Figured I would stop by and check out the sounds and sights of Cafe Saxophone.

Been playing sax for the last fourteen years.

Love the saxophone!

-Neal

Sunray

Welcome Neal ...

Hey Hey Mate ...

I hope you are going to let us into all your hints n tips ...

Yep! there are a few of us here with L plates ... ;}

I only started in July last year - Tenor and Alto ... :mrcool

Fourteen years!!

Does that mean you have or are playing in a band or do you prefer to play "Just for fun" ...

Cheers Mate ... Have fun here ... [I do] :w00t:

Two Voices

Hi Neil,

Welcome to the Cafe! If you don't mind me asking (nosy I am) what sax do you play? and also what music are you into?

Paul

Young Col

Welcome Neal.
Monterey - that's Steinbeck country. What he described as the beautiful Salinas valley. I've never been there and it's probably not like that now, but the images in works like Cannery Row and East of Eden are very strong.
YC

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome Neal.
Monterey - that's Steinbeck country. What he described as the beautiful Salinas valley. I've never been there and it's probably not like that now, but the images in works like Cannery Row and East of Eden are very strong.
YC
And to quote the Beach Boys, "Where Steinbeck found the Valley and he wrote about it in his Travelings with Charlie..................and the people there are all agreed, they don't need electricity"
Ramblings of old hippies?

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Hello Neal

Welcome to our saxophone madhouse,I've actually visited Monteray many years ago when my wife and myself enjoyed a 3 week holiday touring in California in the early seventies,we drove down the coast from Sacramento to LA and then drove back up again inland it was a wonderful holiday and we always hoped to return and do it again but never have managed it so far,who knows if we'll ever manage to do it again we keep on wishing...all the best ...john

VirusKiller

Hi Neal, I really loved Monterey when I visited it on a PCH roadtrip some 15 years ago. I had my first experience eating (wonderful) lobster at a large Irish restaurant there for a ridiculously small amount of money. Hi and welcome!

Neal

Thanks for the very warm welcome everyone! Definitely will be checking back.

That's funny that a lot of you guys are familiar with Monterey. It's a beautiful place and there's some good music here and nearby. Cannery Row and Salinas, all the Steinbeck stories, those are pretty close by.

@Sunray I play in a salsa band around here on tenor. Have an alto, but tenor's my main horn.

@Paul I like jazz, blues, funk, salsa, and some other styles. Started more in jazz.

-Neal

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Isn't there some big off road racing there? I've got this vague memory of reading about it in motorcycle mags years ago...

old git

Tremendous Bore
Big off road scene in Baja California, "Down Mexico way.".

BTW:-I am ashamed that none of you knew that my quote from the "Holland" LP is incorrect. Should be, "and he wrote about it the way it was in his Travellings with Charlie". The ones who "all agree they don't need electricity." live in Big Sur, possibly Pennis Bay, if that's the correct spelling.

Proffer apologies for the combined ignorance, Neal but we are limeys. :)

Top Bottom