Tutorials

Hello from Milan

apinter

Hello, here is Antonio.
I played my tenor from 16 years old to mid 20s, trying to play jazz.
I also played in band while my year in the army.
I was not that great in playing but loved it. Then I moved in new apartment where they did not like my playing, then married... then then.
My neglected sax is now in costly overhauling. I did not treat him so well, long ago.
Now I’m 55 and back studying, soon playing again.
That’s why I arrived here.

MikeMorrell

Netherlands
Subscriber
Hi Antonio,

Welcome to the cafe and welcome back to playing sax! I really hope that you enjoy picking up the sax up again.

FWIW, my first love was playing guitar. I started learning to play sax only in my mid-forties. Though I haven't played guitar for very many years, I can still (intuitively) find my way around a guitar better than around my sax (even after 20 years). Very probably, I don't practice anywhere near enough on sax. But I don't practice on guitar at all. So my personal guess is that whatever you learn at an 'early age' is (with a lot of practice) repeatable. You could even still improve on your 'best efforts'

Good luck,

Mike

OP
apinter

apinter

Thanks Mike.

It happened in fact that taking my tenor in hands again I misteriously found some automatism od the old times.

I hope to be better than my best edforts in a close future, because they were not so best after all and now I am taking this thing way more seriously than ever

saxyjt

I have saxophone withdrawal symptoms
Subscriber
That's great! Welcome. The cafè is a great place to keep in touch with like minded saxoholics.

Of course you should ask whatever question and you'll probably receive tons of answers.

Top Bottom