Tutorials

Hello from Melbourne, Australia.

changy

Hey Saxonites,

I'm Changy and I'm a Beginner Saxonite from the best city in the world, Melbourne.

I recently picked up a used but in a good condition, Ashton Alto Saxophone, and I'm banging on learning to play it.

I'm somewhat musically inclined, I have been involved in a few community theatrical shows, I'm a tenor vocalist and have some knowledge in the art of the keyboard piano.

I guess what I want to get out of being a part of this forum is to learn the saxophone and spend hopefully a lifetime in learning the delightful tunes of jazz music.

Keen to hear all of y'all experiences of when you first started out on the sax, I'm relatively older than most who start considering I'm in my mid twenties, but it's not too late to learn right?

Looking forward to hearing or technically seeing all of your beautiful text based presences.

hedgehog

I love singletrack.
Subscriber
Hello, Changy. Welcome to the café. I was away from the sax for about 20 years and returned last year. It's great to be playing again, and the café adds to my enjoyment.

No, it's never too late to learn--anything! This video was referenced in a recent thread, but since you are new you might miss it. You mentioned learning, you might find the video fun to watch and learn how playing music benefits your brain.

saxyjt

I have saxophone withdrawal symptoms
Subscriber
Welcome to the cafè changy!

Keen to hear all of y'all experiences of when you first started out on the sax, I'm relatively older than most who start considering I'm in my mid twenties, but it's not too late to learn right?
You're a kid! So, definitely not too late. My guess is that most members here started later...

Enjoy playing this great instrument and don't changy't... Keep at it! ;)

PS: I have friends over for a BBQ this Saturday from Melbourne. Neil's a native, his wife's French and they are over for a year or so.

Top Bottom