support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hello from Maldives

oooo.. Nice thread... I just listened to some... nice ones... probably try it next month hopefully (If i know it)...
So you're from Liverpool??? Came from Uk last month... if only I have joined this place sooner.. I might have visited to watch some of you perform.. so maybe next year :).. unfortunately saw only one sax player busking..

Hehehe... yeah it's a nice diving destination... but I have never dived myself... shame to be a Maldivian and not dive eh???... but I do enjoy the sea.. occasional swimming...

Welcome Chipster, Maldives eh? Very nice too! Sitting on the beach, under the shade of a palm, drinking a pina colada and playing the sax! What could be better?

Sitting on the beach, under the shade of a palm, drinking a pina colada and playing the sax! What could be better?
Thanks... heheheh.. I wish... It's not the same when you are a local... and not the same when you are in the capital city... isn't it ironic the capital city doesn't have a beach.. but .. you could take a day off and go to one of the uninhabitated island and do that... haven't done that .. not yet ..heheh

Hi Chipsterchops, welcome to the cafe, nice place maldives, I have never been but publicity blurbs say it is paradise. Nearest I have ever been to a dive Is when someone persuaded me many years ago to enter a comedy talent show. I cracked a joke about "What came first, the chicken or the egg?" My act dived. You will have great fun here. Oh okay heres another one from my bumper joke book. What do you call a saxophone player who has lost his library book? Answer "Reed less." Best regds. N.

Hi Chipsterchops, welcome to the cafe, nice place maldives, I have never been but publicity blurbs say it is paradise. Nearest I have ever been to a dive Is when someone persuaded me many years ago to enter a comedy talent show. I cracked a joke about "What came first, the chicken or the egg?" My act dived. You will have great fun here. Oh okay heres another one from my bumper joke book. What do you call a saxophone player who has lost his library book? Answer "Reed less." Best regds. N.

Maybe you'd better stick to playing the sax ;}

Welcome! I'm curious as to what style of music you would play and/or listen to there. I know that it's a great place to visit and would love to see it sometime.
Hi wade.. I don't know what styles I play.. not concentrating on a single style.. and I am very poor at classifying music.. so I don't know which genres I play.. But i think you listened to my recording of me playing on the sound clip section (the beegees one) .. I do play some Jazz numbers (not a lot).. like All blues, the girl from Ipanema, take five, autumn leaves...I don't have a jazz education background so rely heavily on my ears.. also I do play a lot of romantic song covers.. from the old classic ones to coldplay and bruno mars etc..
Things I listen to varies a lot.. I mostly like hard rock.. like aerosmith or guns n roses..hehehe... My fav saxophone players include coltrane and cannonball adderly.. songs like.. the equinox , the work song, dat dere.. Other jazz musicians I like include art blakey, herbie hancock, marcus miller, victor wooten, diana krall, stacey kent, jammie cullum, esparanza spalding etc etc.. but I am not very up to date with the music listening.. I am pretty isolated when it comes music listening... since it is geographically pretty isolated.. but now I think everything is available at the tip of a button pretty much.. I also like classical stuff.. mostly beethoven , tchaikovsky, liszt.. more on the romantic era I guess..
But I think I would benefit on the listening section a lot when I interact with people here..
As to what the general public listens to... it's more dominant on the indian music .. growing no. of heavy metal musicians.. and the youth mostly on western pop/rock.. thats the general image i could give about the country :)
How about you wade????

Afraid so !!! someone has to be ( only joking ) it's not a bad city as far as city's go, but if you ever fancy a house change ;}

If your'e ever here in the future pm me, and i'll show you the beauties of Liverpool ( buildings that is )
I shall definitely contact u ... n u can show the music scene.. the ones n the pubs... or i would love to see the buildings.. hheh.. i stayed in london this time.. went to oxford too... so next year i'll go to liverpool too... so I can probably see you perform too :)
Is there a way i can find you easily without coming to this thread again????? like a friends list??

YES IT IS PARADISE...naaahhh.. not to me.. I have been living here.. so it is more like home.. I like to see other places too.. but the water is nice for a swim.. and it is always sunny... well most of the time.. weather here is unpredictable... anyway it is actually what it looks like in pictures.. but If you ever plan to come here and need some advice on where to go.. you can ask me if you want.. I would be glad to help you out...
heh.. I don't get your second joke .. why reed less??? I'm not that good at English.. so ... that might be one reason... btw ignore kevgermen's comment.. heheheh... maybe you could try some sax jokes... it might work ... because there are a lot of horn- guys and girls out there :)

Back
Top Bottom