All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Hello from Louisiana. Barimelton from SOTW

New Member Introduction
This is an introduction (not an ad or question about saxophone)

barimelt

I was on SOTW for 17 years and although I'm not off of there, I figured I would expand my forum horizons and come over here as well. I play tenor in a local cover band. Been playing gigs for a little over 20 years after playing in school. Love to play R&B, soul, funk, and many of the standards. Love T.O.P., EW&F, AWB, etc.

saxyjt

Saxus Circus Maximus
Subscriber
Welcome to the café.

Expand, expand, it's always good to visit the other side!

I admire that you guys could play in school... We're really not in good shape, here in France.

Like sports or chess, you need numbers to find exceptional talents. I watched 'The queen's Gambit' and they show how popular chess was in the USSR and that lead to discovering amazing talents. The same was true in the US with all these incredible talents often coming from poor it very modest backgrounds.

Sorry for the drift...I'm a sailor, I know about drifting... ;)

barimelt

Welcome to the café.

Expand, expand, it's always good to visit the other side!

I admire that you guys could play in school... We're really not in good shape, here in France.

Like sports or chess, you need numbers to find exceptional talents. I watched 'The queen's Gambit' and they show how popular chess was in the USSR and that lead to discovering amazing talents. The same was true in the US with all these incredible talents often coming from poor it very modest backgrounds.

Sorry for the drift...I'm a sailor, I know about drifting... ;)
I guess we are lucky over here. Although it has been about 22 years since I played in school. Ok, now I'm depressed.

Jmoen3

I was on SOTW for 17 years and although I'm not off of there, I figured I would expand my forum horizons and come over here as well. I play tenor in a local cover band. Been playing gigs for a little over 20 years after playing in school. Love to play R&B, soul, funk, and many of the standards. Love T.O.P., EW&F, AWB, etc.
Welcome! Glad to see you

barimelt

Well...I started playing bari in 7th grade, and played it all through high school. Played tenor in college. Then had the opportunity to join a five-piece horn band after college and they needed bari. So I played with them from 2000-2010. It was during this time that I create the handle "barimelt" on SOTW. Figured I would just stick with it on here as well. I've been playing nothing but tenor since I left that band with the exception of a dozen or so recording sessions on bari, but I've always been a bari player at heart. I feel that bari with a section is great, fattens it up, the whole bit, but if you're not scooping on the upbeat, then why are you playing bari.

Top Bottom